Do I dare ask what happens at 10pm when the phone lines close?

admepo

Mouseketeer
Been on hold for almost 6 hours.... it's almost 10pm. So what happens at 10pm? Do they just disconnect my call and tomorrow is another day? They were supposed to call me today about an issue I called about after being on hold for 5 hours yesterday they couldn't resolve because it was Sunday and didn't call me today so I am holding for them again. This is insane.

They do answer after 10 pm but I made my call during the week not weekend. I was already on hold for 3 1/2 hours before that thinking that DCL will hang up afire 10pm (closing time) Yes phone line is crazy, once waited 7 1/2 hours and no luck I just tried another time.

The music is still playing with the promise of "an agent being with you shortly" at 10:09pm. At this time of day they aren't going to resolve anything I am guessing since I had to wait until today for a call back anyway so I will continue to wait and call again tomorrow. Thanks

Wow, I’ve been on hold 1-2 hrs per day for the past week, but neither me nor any of my devices would survive holding for six hours!

Having done my share (and your share, and yours as well) of call center work in my life, making it a daily occurrence that your staff have to go beyond the time the incoming lines are shut down is a special, special kind of bad management.

"Stay 30 minutes late because of some major outage/event?" Fine.
"Stay hours late every day?" Well, let's see what's on Monster.com while this caller rants and raves about how horrible I am because my bosses can't hire enough people to manage this queue.

Having done my share (and your share, and yours as well) of call center work in my life, making it a daily occurrence that your staff have to go beyond the time the incoming lines are shut down is a special, special kind of bad management.

"Stay 30 minutes late because of some major outage/event?" Fine.
"Stay hours late every day?" Well, let's see what's on Monster.com while this caller rants and raves about how horrible I am because my bosses can't hire enough people to manage this queue.
Yes I'm surprised that it hasn't been resolved yet. Just think about how much overtime they are paying right now

Thanks everyone. They did pick up after 10pm - it was around 10:30 by the time we were done. They couldn't help me unfortunately because the Guest Services supervisor I was supposed to be dealing with was not in and they didn't have any information for me other than someone was supposed to call me but they didn't have info back from the hotel. They were again supposed to call me back today and here it is 7pm with no call.
Somehow their system refunded and cancelled my hotel in Barcelona and they do not know how it happened but are scrambling to fix it being that we leave for Spain in 3 weeks. I am panicking because the hotels are booked and the ones that are not are more than double the price I paid per night. Hopefully they have resolution for us soon. My husband will be on the phone with them first thing in the AM if we have no call back again today.

They won't take your call (won't put you on hold) if you call too close to closing, because they won't cut people off who are on hold, and they don't want agents on the phone all night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter