do i need a doc note saying i have a screw inside my body

In my experience, notes from the dr doesn't matter. As TSA said, anyone can write a note. I set off most detectors because of the amount of metal in me. Just let them know before you go through detection that you have surgical metal in you and where and allow extra time for the wand search. Ive actually missed a connecting flight because I didn't allow enough time.

My dad has wire in his chest from open heart surgery and sets off the alarms. He later had a screw placed in his big toe for hammer toe. Can't say if that would set off the alarm because the screw came after the wire in the chest.

i was at the dr today to have my stitches removed. i am flying on saturday and the dr office gave me a note saying that i have 4 pins in my foot and that i am not able to take my boot off to go through the metal detector.

I am 18 months out from that surgery (very happy do your therapy) and I don't set off metal detectors at all. I was hoping I would so I could tell them it was "my buns of steel" setting it off (I'm built like Pooh)...alas I never get to use that line..:)...maybe you can...haha

I have many screws in my head and face and a rod in my nose...all of them titanium. I set of thingy in ATL once was subjected to the extra screening but it only took about 5 extra minutes. The lady even wanted to look up my nose since her wand kept going off around my head :lmao:

I dont think you have anything to worry about.I have a ton of metal and screws in my back and it hasnt set off any alarms yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter