Do I Need a Stroller/Wagon

Should I Take a Stroller/Wagon?

• Total voters
Seems wagons are allowed, only for disabled children. I think you have to contact Disney Disability Services, before hand and discuss the need for them. If deemed necessary they are tagged as such. Not sure what they require as far as documentation.

We took a umbrella stroller for our backpack till last year. It was nice not lugging around heavy Gatorade for 5 people and lunch stuff. When you have a Dining plan you dont need that so I am going to say no. The hardest part giving it up was the storage and drink holder. But on the other hand it was great getting off a ride and not looking for the entrance to find the stroller

Helpful post. We're headed down in October with a three who are 9/6/5. Will likely take a jogging stroller in order to carry items - and potentially the 5 yo (he'll be a new 5). Good to hear this feedback from experienced folks.

What I want to know is, Should I bring a stroller or wagon on this trip?
As far as I know wagons are no longer allowed. Your children are old enough to walk unless they have some sort of disability. I will tell you we went for my DD first WDW trip when she was 4 (almost 5). We debated back and forth about the stroller. I was worried she wouldn't make it walking. So i had the contact info for a stroller rental company ready if we needed it. We ended up doing a 10 day trip 7 WDW, 3 universal and my 4DD walked the whole trip. Of course when we were at the parks late she was dead and would crash as soon as we got on the bus, so there were some nights we were carrying her but that was our fault for trying to keep her up way past her bed time.

Just do your best to minimize back tracking around the park. Create a good plan that flows through the park. I love using touring plans to plot out our days - which FP, attractions or shows, where we will be eating. When you can visualize the park it helps to figure out when you should try and hit certain things.

You are not constantly walking there, plan to hit shows which provide a break, plan some TS meals which will allow for a longer break indoors. You will survive and if you can't call and rent a stoller. Don't get the ones from the park -- they seem so uncomfortable and they won't help you when you have to return them and you are left walking to the bus stop or walking from the bus to the resort room.

As far as I know wagons are no longer allowed. Your children are old enough to walk unless they have some sort of disability. I will tell you we went for my DD first WDW trip when she was 4 (almost 5). We debated back and forth about the stroller. I was worried she wouldn't make it walking. So i had the contact info for a stroller rental company ready if we needed it. We ended up doing a 10 day trip 7 WDW, 3 universal and my 4DD walked the whole trip. Of course when we were at the parks late she was dead and would crash as soon as we got on the bus, so there were some nights we were carrying her but that was our fault for trying to keep her up way past her bed time.

Just do your best to minimize back tracking around the park. Create a good plan that flows through the park. I love using touring plans to plot out our days - which FP, attractions or shows, where we will be eating. When you can visualize the park it helps to figure out when you should try and hit certain things.

You are not constantly walking there, plan to hit shows which provide a break, plan some TS meals which will allow for a longer break indoors. You will survive and if you can't call and rent a stoller. Don't get the ones from the park -- they seem so uncomfortable and they won't help you when you have to return them and you are left walking to the bus stop or walking from the bus to the resort room.

Excellent strategy. The first time we went to AK we just picked rides randomly not realizing how big the park was. Future trips I started breaking the park down into halves and quadrants with Pandora's rides almost always at the end of the day's trip.

For her first trip at the age of 3, our child needed a stroller. For her second trip at the age of 7, she didn’t need or want a stroller.

I’m sitting here thinking of the gridlock if every 5, 6, and 7 year old in the parks were in a stroller.

i suggest a double stroller (we rented and they brought it to the resort) Brought 4,5, and 6 year olds to WDW in December and they all needed the stroller. they rotated. It was cold though-40s at night.

i suggest a double stroller (we rented and they brought it to the resort) Brought 4,5, and 6 year olds to WDW in December and they all needed the stroller. they rotated. It was cold though-40s at night.

You might need a stroller for EPCOT. We work hard to bring nothing that dies not fit in our pockets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter