Do I really want to avoid Miami airport?

You havent flown in/out of LaGuardia.
We flew SW out of LaGuardia after a DCL cruise that ended in New York at the end of September. We found the recently renovated terminal used by SW at LaGuardia to be a great improvement over our 2016 experience there. It was spacious, clean, and there were plenty of food options. Exactly the opposite of our prior experience.

We flew SW out of LaGuardia after a DCL cruise that ended in New York at the end of September. We found the recently renovated terminal used by SW at LaGuardia to be a great improvement over our 2016 experience there. It was spacious, clean, and there were plenty of food options. Exactly the opposite of our prior experience.
this is nice to hear because the last time I connected here it was rather tired. Our local airport upstate only goes to LGA and if I can get it cheap I was considering connecting through there.

Happy new year! Starting to look into flights in August to Miami. Fort Lauderdale seems like it’s really far away from port and the flight times are kind of tough either leave on disembarking at 11:36am or wait till 5pm. Miami has better times and is slightly cheaper. Do I really want to avoid MIA? Is an 11:30am from FLL doable?
We have done MIA and it was fine. Not the best airport to look at - but it gets the job done.

You havent flown in/out of LaGuardia.
Or Newark! I would take LaGuardia all day over Newark. I've been stuck way too many times there.

Miami is perfectly fine and if the schedule and pricing works go for it! I've even flown into West Palm/ Palm Beach which wasn't terrible either. Just depends on your flight schedule and transportation to and from the port.

On my August cruise our flight from Newark to Miami was cancelled with minimal notice (we had been in New Jersey visiting family before flying down to Florida the day before our cruise). The United 1K desk was able to rebook us into Fort Lauderdale later the same day. Honestly Fort Lauderdale to Miami was fine. We had maybe a 45 minute Uber ride down to Miami before we boarded our ship the next day (this was a Royal cruise). We departed from Miami the around Noon on our return day and the airport is very close to the port with plentiful Uber/cab options. If you are doing express walk off I would be comfortable being on a flight as early as 11 AM (assuming you have TSA pre check for your entire family). The regular security lines at MIA can be epic. From FLL you would likely be more comfortable with a Noon to 1 PM departure. Just my thoughts.

We've had no problems in and out of MIA twice. Was not a fan of FLL. Having said that, I would choose based on cheapest flight and cheapest (shortest) uber ride. We always stay a couple of nights on South Beach pre-cruise. Love sailing out of Miami!

Happy new year! Starting to look into flights in August to Miami. Fort Lauderdale seems like it’s really far away from port and the flight times are kind of tough either leave on disembarking at 11:36am or wait till 5pm. Miami has better times and is slightly cheaper. Do I really want to avoid MIA? Is an 11:30am from FLL doable?

I'm not sure why you are asking the group what airports you want to avoid. Only you know the answer to that question.

I don't mind Miami but Jetblue only has one nonstop out of Boston and it was a lot more points then FLL. We're going to stay in Ft Lauderdale the first night because I like it better.

We're flying home out of West Palm because FLL was a ridiculous amount of points. Hopefully FLL will become more reasonable but if not I'll drive the hour not to sacrifice that many points.

I don't mind Miami but Jetblue only has one nonstop out of Boston and it was a lot more points then FLL. We're going to stay in Ft Lauderdale the first night because I like it better.

We're flying home out of West Palm because FLL was a ridiculous amount of points. Hopefully FLL will become more reasonable but if not I'll drive the hour not to sacrifice that many points.
My husband asked about west palm he’s always wanted to go there no sure why. Are you renting a car for the duration or what other way do you plan on getting to and from?

My husband asked about west palm he’s always wanted to go there no sure why. Are you renting a car for the duration or what other way do you plan on getting to and from?

I could see why someone might want to go to Palm Beach, but West Palm Beach is just a mediocre city. Nothing much to see or do there as a tourist.

Before cruise renting car at FLL returning it to MIA the next day. Alamo has a shuttle to POM from MIA.

After the cruise renting from MIA returning to PBI (West Palm airport)

$100 each way for a compact. 😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter