Do Magic Bands still ship?

Minniedap

Mouseketeer
I just went to do on-line check in for a room only reservation and it said to bring an old magic band to get into the room if we want to get into the room before going to the desk. When we signed up for our magic bands it confirmed our shipping address. Now it's stating to pick up at the front desk. We do not go until June 8th, so plenty of time for shipping.

We have reservations for May 11-18 and I just got my magic bands in the mail last week. I did online check in for like 7:30 am the morning of arrival because we are headed straight from an offsite hotel to the parks the first day.

I just went to do on-line check in for a room only reservation and it said to bring an old magic band to get into the room if we want to get into the room before going to the desk. When we signed up for our magic bands it confirmed our shipping address. Now it's stating to pick up at the front desk. We do not go until June 8th, so plenty of time for shipping.
It's a glitch. If you customized the bands and selected 'finished' (or done, don't remember which) you should receive them. Or, you can call Disney IT.

Thanks, I think I will call IT. I hit done and it says I can change until May 8. on-line check in shows I can change until June 2.

For my last trip a couple months ago, it kept saying pick up at front desk right up until they shipped the package. They shipped about three weeks prior to arrival. The set for my trip next month is due to be delivered today.

It's weird, I got mine last week but my mom still doesn't have an email saying they shipped. Btw, our reservations are for the same day, May 5th. My sister called Disney and they told her they don't ship until 10 before, which I find highly unlikely

it said to bring an old magic band to get into the room if we want to get into the room before going to the desk.

Are you sure that’s what it said?

When I go to online check in it says

Want to skip the Front Desk? Submit the requested information, order your MagicBand and bring it with you, and complete hotel check-in when you go directly to your room. If you won't have a MagicBand when you arrive, completing this information will speed up your time at the Front Desk.

And I’ve seen similar wording when doing it closer in (when I’ve changed resorts close to the trip and it’s been borderline late to order to bands), but it’s worded as an *option*. That IF you already have bands, this is an option for you.

UPDATE/edit : now, 30 days out, I checked MDE, clicked on Magicbands and the edit option is gone, replaced with “congratulations, you have completed your order, your magic bands will ship to your home”. No email or shipment confirmation yet...

Did a search and found this thread....We have room only reservations for the middle of March...as of 3 days ago, when I clicked on "my magic bands and cards" it said that I had 3 days left to complete my magic band order. I completed the order a month ago and received confirmation....Now, those 3 days have passed, and when I log in and click on "my magic bands and cards" it says 26 days to complete my magic band order! That would be less than a week before our check in date! Has anyone experienced this? will I still be mailed our magic bands before our check in date? I know this is not a big issue, but like a giddy school girl I've been waiting anxiously for this bit of magic in my mail box and I'm counting down the days.....I know, I know, first world problems

Last edited:
Did a search and found this thread....We have room only reservations for the middle of March...as of 3 days ago, when I clicked on "my magic bands and cards" it said that I had 3 days left to complete my magic band order. I completed the order a month ago and received confirmation....Now, those 3 days have passed, and when I log in and click on "my magic bands and cards" it says 26 days to complete my magic band order! That would be less than a week before our check in date! Has anyone experienced this? will I still be mailed our magic bands before our check in date? I know this is not a big issue, but like a giddy school girl I've been waiting anxiously for this bit of magic in my mail box and I'm counting down the days.....I know, I know, first world problems

Dr. M: I just had a similar thing happen to me with our magic bands. About 4 months ago I got online and ordered our magic bands, plain ones, and it went to the page that showed we owed 0 since they were not "special". I hit order.
Well, last week I was looking through our plans online and thought I'd check the colors I ordered this time. We are 2 weeks out from our trip!!!! I was surprised to find out that I got the same screen as when I ordered, so I "ordered" again.
I called our travel agent because I am worried that we won't get our bands before our trip in 2 weeks. She said that one other person called them to complain of the same thing. Apparently they (Disney) added something else to the page? or had a glitch? I don't know. She told me that we should get them before we leave even though it's so close to our departure date. She said if for some reason we did not get them, to find our old ones and bring them to her so she can activate them with our reservation. We do have a collection of old bands.
So, If I hadn't checked on the colors of our bands I would not have known that they weren't actually ordered!
We are doing a waiting game now to see if they come in 2 weeks.
I hope this "glitch" gets figured out soon as it could have made life much harder for us without our bands, and at this late date!
hope this helps!

Dr. M: I just had a similar thing happen to me with our magic bands. About 4 months ago I got online and ordered our magic bands, plain ones, and it went to the page that showed we owed 0 since they were not "special". I hit order.
Well, last week I was looking through our plans online and thought I'd check the colors I ordered this time. We are 2 weeks out from our trip!!!! I was surprised to find out that I got the same screen as when I ordered, so I "ordered" again.
I called our travel agent because I am worried that we won't get our bands before our trip in 2 weeks. She said that one other person called them to complain of the same thing. Apparently they (Disney) added something else to the page? or had a glitch? I don't know. She told me that we should get them before we leave even though it's so close to our departure date. She said if for some reason we did not get them, to find our old ones and bring them to her so she can activate them with our reservation. We do have a collection of old bands.
So, If I hadn't checked on the colors of our bands I would not have known that they weren't actually ordered!
We are doing a waiting game now to see if they come in 2 weeks.
I hope this "glitch" gets figured out soon as it could have made life much harder for us without our bands, and at this late date!
hope this helps!
Unless you manually deactivated them in MDE, the magic bands are already activated and your TA doesn't need to do anything. They are ready for use. A TA should know better.

Unless you manually deactivated them in MDE, the magic bands are already activated and your TA doesn't need to do anything. They are ready for use. A TA should know better.
Hi Searc: Actually, it was an associate of the TA that we use. I don't know if she is in training or what?
Has this ever happened to you? I was worried because they used to ship the luggage tags in with the magic bands. But the TA told us that they are in the trip packet already, so that's a relief!
Do we have to do anything to the old magic bands? reset them or???? or are they automatically linked to our reservations? Lots of questions, so thanks for your help.

Hi Searc: Actually, it was an associate of the TA that we use. I don't know if she is in training or what?
Has this ever happened to you? I was worried because they used to ship the luggage tags in with the magic bands. But the TA told us that they are in the trip packet already, so that's a relief!
Do we have to do anything to the old magic bands? reset them or???? or are they automatically linked to our reservations? Lots of questions, so thanks for your help.
You don't have to do anything to the bands if you used them on a prior trip, as long as you or the TA didn't deactivate them in MDE. You can go into your account and check. If they don't show deactivated, they are good to go as is because they are already linked to your reservation.

Mine says pick up at front desk, i just got the email saying they were shipped... out trip is in 3 weeks.. btw still says front desk. Hakuna matata

You don't have to do anything to the bands if you used them on a prior trip, as long as you or the TA didn't deactivate them in MDE. You can go into your account and check. If they don't show deactivated, they are good to go as is because they are already linked to your reservation.
Thanks Searc. I will definitely check our account. That helps a lot and maybe I won't get more gray hair over this, LOL:)

Sooooo , it just goes to show that WDW is NOT consistent on how they do this -- grrrrr.
My agent looked at our trip package and told me they were in there, so, Yea!
Are you using Disney's Magic Express? Some TA's use the terms luggage tags interchangeably and she may be referring to the DME yellow luggage tags, not the Disney themed ones that come with a package.

Are you using Disney's Magic Express? Some TA's use the terms luggage tags interchangeably and she may be referring to the DME yellow luggage tags, not the Disney themed ones that come with a package.
Yes we have a package with our travel agent including ME. We always go that way since it's (was:) much easier. She was referring to the yellow tags, so all is good! (except waiting for the twice ordered magic bands)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter