Do most Restaurants give you a limited menu with the dining plan?

shmoogrrrl

Tigger Goddess
I had never thought of this, but I guess it makes sense.

Do most restaurants limit your menu selections to a few things when you have the dining plan? We are eating at the following places, if that helps:

- Crystal Palace (shouldn't limit since it is a buffet!)
- 50's Prime Time Cafe
- Whispering Canyon
- Coral Reef
- Yachtsman Steakhouse
- O'Hana

I'm wondering this as well. If it's a regular menu, are there astericks or something by each dish to show if it's included in the dining plan or not? (Such as appetizer samplers or such aren't on the plan), such as for snacks from a cart?

:) I was about to ask the same question!
Does DDP include any meal, appetizer, etc, from a menu, or is there a special menu or only selected items?

No, you are not limited on the menu at any of those spots. I believe you can't order lobster at Teppenyaki and both Planet Hollywood and Wolfgang Puck Cafe both have a few high dollar items you can't order. Yachtsman used to have a surf and turf and when the dining plan came along, they yanked it and now have the lobster as an "add on" so that you can order anything on the menu (excluding add on's, of course, unless you want to pay cash).

Also, you can't order anything meant for 2+ people just by yourself, like a dessert sampler, but they will often let two of you get it together.

Each restaurant is different, and it seems that it also depends on your waiter, so the best way to know is to simply tell your waiter when you are seated that you're on the plan. Some places let you have smoothies as a drink while others say it's just a coke/tea/coffee. Some places let you add on shrimp and such while others won't.

Things aren't very consistent =)

NO LIMITS!! Isn't it awsome!! You are free to pick the most expensive entree on the menu if you really wanted to....this is why I love the DDP. Your meals are paid for prior to your arrival, and all you need to do is show up and enjoy!

No limits at any of those restaurants. Very few restaurants place any limits on the Dining Plan.

shmoogrrrl said:
I had never thought of this, but I guess it makes sense.

Do most restaurants limit your menu selections to a few things when you have the dining plan? We are eating at the following places, if that helps:

- Crystal Palace (shouldn't limit since it is a buffet!)
- 50's Prime Time Cafe
- Whispering Canyon
- Coral Reef
- Yachtsman Steakhouse
- O'Hana

When I used the dining plan during our April 2005 trip, we were able to order dessert after our meal at Ohana. That was in addition to the pineapple that came with the meal. I don't believe they allow that now.

I'm not sure if you can order dessert at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

We were at WDW 5/5 - 5/13. We encountered almost no restrictions on the dining plan. Those places that had restrictions had changed their menu to make them totally clear.

You can order one appetizer, one entree, one dessert, and one beverage for each person in the party who is using the plan.. At Teppanyaki, they have moved the sushi to a "sushi menu" and the lobster to a section labelled "side dishes." These categories are not on the plan.

At several restaurants (Le Cellier, Whispering CC) we were specifically told that smoothies and bottomless shake COULD be ordered as a beverage on the plan. Many places include only the typical tea/lemonade/fountain drinks. Yes, you got dessert in addition to the smoothie or shake. At Planet Hollywood, we were told that we could order appetizers and desserts listed as "serves 2 " or "serves 4", but only if that number of people agreed to have that as their appetizer. Planet Hollywood had no other restrictions.

The restaurants you list had no restrictions. Coral Reef, Le Cellier, and les Chefs de France were totally wonderful!!!

Can you get the lobster add-on at Le Cellier or is that extra?? Just wondering...that would be a real treat! :wave:

Beth

We have done the dining plan several times (most recently for Easter Break) and have found that in most cases, the servers are very helpful. If you tell them you are on the plan, they will guide you to the items allowed/not allowed.

In most cases, the entire menu is up for grabs. You select any appie, any entree and any dessert. The issues come up when something is specifically meant to be shared by 2, but many of those restaurants allow you to order it if both parties will share (meaning only 1 appie for 2 people). The same with the desserts designed for 2 people.

At Teppanyaki, as mentioned, they have moved the sushi and lobster to different sections of the menu, making it clear that they are not included.

One of the nice things is that in certain restaurants (LeCellier and Coral Reef), kids can order an appie off the adult menu, since they don't offer kids appies. Makes for a nicer selection for everyone. The shake is allowed as a drink at WCC and you do also get dessert as well.

I'm sure you won't find that you're missing out on anything using the plan. There is more than enough food and a lovely selection of things at all restaurants.

What janets said, and "extras" (add-ons) do cost extra.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter