• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do Nextel phones work in the parks?

My whole family has Nextel phones. The phones worked fine and the calls were not considered long distance because we were calling our own area code but the direct connect did not work. I questioned Nextel before we left home and they told me that the direct connect would not work. They were correct......not sure how the previous post worked theirs.

I live here in FL and YES the direct connect works in Disney. Actually I thought it worked better than the 2-way radios that we have. There was no interference and if you were in a show u could put it on vibrate.

The direct connect on Nextel only works in the State that you are suscribed with. So unfortuneatly if your do not live in FL they will not work here.

Yes! They work great! My husband and I used our Nextels at WDW last month. We were both thrilled with how well the direct connect worked throughout all of WDW. Had a few dead spots, but for the most part it was great. I thought it was pretty neat that we were able to communicate with each other while I was riding the monorail and he was relaxing at the Contemporary pool.:)

No i dont believe they work in the parks. I dont think any cell phones work in the parks!

Snowgooseltd---Our Nextel Direct Connect most certainly DID work in the parks, throughout all of WDW for that matter. We used ours there last month! Now, as someone else posted, perhaps that's only true of Nextels based in Florida--but I assure you, ours worked and worked great!:)

We use our Nextel in the parks. We have even called "Nana" while riding It's a Small World so she could hear her favortie ride!!!!

All cell phones work within the parks....some models and services better than others. Unless you subscribe to Nextel Direct Connect in Florida, it will not work.

Snowgooseltd is correct about direct connect. It only works in the state you live in. I live in SC near the GA line but if I try to use it 1 Mi. inside GA, I cannot because that is who my contract is with. The regular minutes part of the phone works, but since I have one phone with phone and Direct Connect and one just with Direct Connect that will not work for me. But if I lived in FL, then I would certainly consider carrying them.:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter