Do our American friends strive to visit the UK?

stevechase said:
Ok ok, if we are on the subject of price, you cant compare to us unfortunate UK folk bound for the sunny isle of America.

We are going to Port Orleans Riverside next July for 3 weeks, 2 adults and 3 kids 10, 8 and 3. With tickets and spending at least 7500.00 (and I am talking proper money here lol not US Dollars) :sunny:

I am suitable depresed now to realise you can actually drive there.

And yes, it has started to rain.

Steve

There are many many places in America which are not nearly as expensive as WDW. Let's face it, Europeans do not come here to see our many non touristy attractions. They come to the single most popular destination in the world, Walt Disney World, and they come to Las Vegas. I won't discuss money, save to say that the two months we will spend in Europe starting next month is a real bank breaker.
I am unable, due to scheduling, but will some day fly back to Manchester to see my beloved Red Devils play a match at Old Trafford. I hope to see them crush Chelsea. It is a lifelong dream, and I will make it a reality.

God bless the United States, God bless the United Kingdom, and God bless Man U !!
:thumbsup2

TexDisney said:
IAH is the same size as Newark's airport and is Continental's MAIN hub and headquarters no less, however the cheapest I can price to MCO on Continental is ~$380/person!

Explain that!

Matt
You can thank the Federal Avation geniuses, who brought you the hub and spoke system. The system which is in use today. There is talk of abandoning it, but the major airlines (are there any "major" airlines any longer?) will fight it since it gave them monopolies in many cities and towns. The reason Continental gets $380 fare IS because Houston is Continental's main hub. They have a de facto monopoly there.

mytwotinks said:
I want to go! My dh and I were just discussing a trip to London last week. I think that will probably be our 2 dd's first international trip. We would love to go in about 3 years when our youngest will be 8 and our oldest 12. I haven't even started thinking about prices. I hope that it is not so $$$ that we won't ever be able to swing it.

I love love love old places that you can just dream of what kind of different lives people lived there! Not a lot of that here in Kansas! I think that both of my girls would really enjoy it too! What girl doesn't want to see a castle?

We have castles in the United States....White Castles.
Order me two sliders, mate.
:thumbsup2

TexDisney said:
IAH is the same size as Newark's airport and is Continental's MAIN hub and headquarters no less, however the cheapest I can price to MCO on Continental is ~$380/person!

Explain that!

Matt

Texas has a built in percentage flight tax from the fifties??? to even fly out of the state its a certain percentage, I get caught in this also being in OK, every flight goes through texas...

:stitch:

Hi Steve,
I went to the Uk about 15 years ago. I stayed in London and traveled around
to places like the Cosswolds and such. I enjoyed my vacation over there. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter