• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do park ticket prices fluctuate?

Carla1183

Mouseketeer
With the new structure, do the prices fluctuate as tickets are booked and demand changes like an airline?
Or is an $85 day always going to be an $85 day whether I book now or in a few months? (may or earlier, in case of a june price hike).

For now we are staying offsite and doing the 4-day park ticket. But if another wave of free dining comes for sep we would consider switching to onsite. Just hedging my bets on whether I should wait or book soon. If I wait I could get tickets from discount site like UT. but if I do that now and want to switch to onsite I'm screwed since I bought tix 3rd party!

There are price increase during the year but they are overall price increase . There is already price fluctuations if you look at single day ticket prices. Over a week there could be 3 or 4 different prices for each day. Easy wdw blog says 1 day ticket prices are better guide to crowd levels then any crowd calander as well

The posted prices are the prices tickets will be until they post new prices. They don't shift on demand, they are already at the prices that WDW wants them to be based on their anticipated demand. As long as you can take the hit to buy tickets at the drop of a hat in case price increases get announced, no reason not to wait.

Disney ticket prices do not fluctuate up and down and up and down in quick succession given purchase and demand.

That is, once ticket prices are assigned to each day, they stay that way unless/until an across the board price change, er, price increase.

On site guests booking packages may receive additional ticket discounts in the form of benefits such as free hopping or an extra free day as a result of suddenly announced promotions with limited booking windows, limited attendance dates, and limited number of participants.

The posted prices are the prices tickets will be until they post new prices. They don't shift on demand, they are already at the prices that WDW wants them to be based on their anticipated demand. As long as you can take the hit to buy tickets at the drop of a hat in case price increases get announced, no reason not to wait.
This, but I’ll add that Disney is due for a price adjustment soon, and it’s possible that a very small number of days will decrease in price (this happened last year, I think the most any day dropped was $2, about 90% of days increased).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter