Do people actually pay rac rate thru disney for DVC ressies???

bradpga

Mouseketeer
A 2 bedroom villa at a DVC resort for the week of Thanksgiving (Sun-Fri) would cost between $3,500-$4,500 depending on which resort. Do people ACTUALLY pay these rates? I would think not but correct me if I'm wrong. I would assume most ALL ressies are members OR guest of members renting points. I would love to think people actually paid these rates, it would make me feel that much better about my investment.

I assume that they do - because there are very seldom discounts for anything other than studios at the smaller WDW DVC resorts.

yes, they do. meet some. they would rather deal with DIsney and CRO than rent from a member.

my guide told me for years that they couldn't get the richer folks to even consider getting DVC. despite the fact that it would save them money.

what finally got them - they couldn't make their annual reservations at the BWV grande villa because members had them all...:rotfl: :lmao: :cutie:

When you compare it to any other kind of rental, it seems comparable. A 2BR condo at a nice beach in high season could easily be in that range. Makes those DVC dues seem like a bargain, doesn't it???

yup.
my parents & DB & his family.
BWV 2 bdrm for 7 nights, every 1-2 years, about 5 times.
i looked into DVC, told them about it (with the numbers broken down/laid out), & the rest is history ;)

Wow! You've made my day! Not for Thanksgiving, but we're headed for a 2 bedroom VWL Halloween week!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Wow! You've made my day! Not for Thanksgiving, but we're headed for a 2 bedroom VWL Halloween week!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Now you can wallow in the knowledge that that family right next to you might be laying out 4K, while you are staying in the very same room for free!!! (Well, not really, but...)

Gotta love that DVC!!!

Count me in among those that have paid cash for DVC rooms. I did it last minute for a one bedroom at BCV, I think I paid $425 per night.

No discounts through MS and really to late to rent so I had no choice. I often pay cash for Marriott Timeshares. Good deals out there right through Marriott and you get the Marriott Reward popints which leads to free stays. I got a 2 bedroom at Marriott Grande Vista in Orlando for $220 per night during APRIL. Nicer than DVC also.

That's about right for 2br condos in Glen Arbor, MI during summer.

We did SSR for thanksgiving through Expedia the whole package with 5 day parkhopper tickets and airfare was about $3500 for 5 people.

So buying DVC is a no brainer for us since we are a 2br family of 4.

Where do you find the rates for DVC resorts? I'd love to do the math on the last 3 trips we took!

Go to disney's website and search the dates you are interested in and you can choose disney vacation club resorts and pick the resort you want and type or room.

:)

I have a question.

People who pay the high dollars to stay at the DVC Resorts without being a DVC member, when can they start to make reservations? Shouldn't we get to stay at the resort first since we own into it?

Thanks

I have a question.

People who pay the high dollars to stay at the DVC Resorts without being a DVC member, when can they start to make reservations? Shouldn't we get to stay at the resort first since we own into it?

Thanks

It is not the same inventory. Sometimes DVC can not book on points due to no rooms available but you can book through CRO and pay cash. It is all in your paperwork you signed. ;)

It's the same as people who pay for Concierge at GF or when we were in Maui rented the cottages at the Kea Lani for $1500 a night. Some people have the money to spend but no desire to be tied down to DVC. Or maybe Disney is a once every 5 year kind of vacation.

It is not the same inventory. Sometimes DVC can not book on points due to no rooms available but you can book through CRO and pay cash. It is all in your paperwork you signed. ;)

I have not signed the paper work yet. Still waiting for our guide to call us tomorrow to get the ball rolling on the purchase.

Yup, my girlfriend and her family are staying at a 2 BR at BCV next week...just called CRO and booked it. I was like...?!?!? Are you kidding me? Please let me help you! lol Then I realized that those high rates help off-set our dues...

Hey, friendship only goes so far... :lmao: :rotfl2:

Met a real live rack rate payer last week!! I was in line checking into SSR and this nice lady and I strike up a conversation. They were staying 3 days in a GV checking out on New Years Day. $3500 for 3 nights in a GV!!!!:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter