Do some people just NOT know that their park ticket can get fastpasses??

There are times when DH and I purposely don't utilize FP. We love the queue for Expedition Everest and don't mind waiting in the regular line just to explore everything in it. We've even let people pass us. Or if the queue is in a particular shady/cool area and it provides us some extra wait time to allow us a breather, we'll do that too. But we do usually use FP.

Wife:" where are those people going?"
Husband:"It's some kind of fast pass line. It's STUPID, you miss all the good stuff."

In some cases he's right though. There's some fun stuff you miss on some rides if you always do the FP line. Mr. Potato Head at TSM is a prime example.

I would much rather spend less time in line than standing with lots of cranky, usually sweaty people in those long standby lines. I don't care if they put fun stuff in the standby lines. Fastpass all the way! Let's make a pact not to tell anyone else, okay? :lmao:

I don't know what you're referring to. There is no fastpass of any kind at Cedar Point. They experimented years ago with something like that, but there's nothing currently.

I was thinking the same thing - they had a FP-type thing when Millenium Force first came out, but I've not heard of anything like that since, and we go at least once a year.

We have a neighbor who went to Disney World. I offered to help them do planning for this "once in a lifetime" trip which was a serious budget buster. They told me they had it under control and that their TA was an EXPERT.

When they got back they told me that the best thing they did was get the hopping add on which let them go to the front of the line. I asked if they did more than one park per day, and they said, no. Their TA convinced them to pay for park hoppers under the impression that it allowed them to "hop in front" of the other people.

I tried to clarify, but he was adamant that he had been able to use his park hopper ticket to get special passes to the front of the lines. So, they paid an additional $160 to get "hop in front of the line" perks.

On the up side they had a great time and enjoyed their trip so much they are going again next year. So, I guess it wasn't a "once in a lifetime" experience. I bet they keep paying to HOP in front of people.

(Insert mental image of people doing the bunny hop in the fast pass line).

We have a neighbor who went to Disney World. I offered to help them do planning for this "once in a lifetime" trip which was a serious budget buster. They told me they had it under control and that their TA was an EXPERT.

When they got back they told me that the best thing they did was get the hopping add on which let them go to the front of the line. I asked if they did more than one park per day, and they said, no. Their TA convinced them to pay for park hoppers under the impression that it allowed them to "hop in front" of the other people.

I tried to clarify, but he was adamant that he had been able to use his park hopper ticket to get special passes to the front of the lines. So, they paid an additional $160 to get "hop in front of the line" perks.

On the up side they had a great time and enjoyed their trip so much they are going again next year. So, I guess it wasn't a "once in a lifetime" experience. I bet they keep paying to HOP in front of people.

(Insert mental image of people doing the bunny hop in the fast pass line).

Try and convince him NOT to get the park hopper, and try it anyways. Tell him if it doesn't work he can always upgrade the ticket at guest relations.

Then also have him ask guest relations what he needs to get Fastpasses... :)

Yes I have a friend who thinks I am commando, we are so not, but because I am a Disney freak and try to explain some things she doesnt listen. She says that doesnt sound like a vacation. I say well a vaction for me is not standing in 2 hour lines either. So I rather do rope drop and learn FP and make ADRS, then stand in long lines and starve!:lmao:
Yes! If you want to sleep in and lounge around the pool all day, more power to you. But then, please do not complain to me when you can't do more than three rides over spring break and can't eat at any of the cool restaurants.

Just talked with a friend who got back from a CRAZY busy spring break at Disney.
When I asked if they used FastPasses they said they did not see where to buy them :confused:
I tried to explain that the regular park ticket is all that is needed- just put it in the machine as long there are still FP available.
she still insisted she did not have that kind of ticket. :confused3 She bought a full priced ticket and stayed with family nearby.

I guess that just means more FP for the rest of us...

shhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone! :ssst:

I always get a paper type ticket and wipe it with a magnet. that way you can get lots of Fastpasses one after the other because the card won't work in the Fastpass machine and the attending cast member will give you a Fastpass instead. They also ask you for how many people so you can ask for as many as you like! :thumbsup2

I think that other parks probably add to the confusion. In Texas Six Flags has a fast pass type option but it does cost more- like 30 dollars. Perhaps other local parks have these same issues and people that are not as obsessed as we are think it works the same way and they do not want to spend any more money.

I always get a paper type ticket and wipe it with a magnet. that way you can get lots of Fastpasses one after the other because the card won't work in the Fastpass machine and the attending cast member will give you a Fastpass instead. They also ask you for how many people so you can ask for as many as you like! :thumbsup2

I hope you feel good about yourself.

I think that other parks probably add to the confusion. In Texas Six Flags has a fast pass type option but it does cost more- like 30 dollars. Perhaps other local parks have these same issues and people that are not as obsessed as we are think it works the same way and they do not want to spend any more money.

All the more reason to stick to Disney parks and avoid Six Flags and the like. Why pay extra for that when at Disney parks you can get it for free? :confused3
Just another reason I love them!

Yeah, we've got it at Six Flags New England as well...I think they may all have it. "FlashPass" STARTS at $31 - $10 less than the adult gate price, and the same price if you purchase online!!! They have three levels of service, Regular, Gold (start at $60) and Platinum ($80). I guess they are good for a group (up to 6 total), but you have to pay based on number of people in the group - the starting price is for ONE person.

Regular basically means that you'd ride when you normally would if you got in the line, you just don't have to get in the line. Gold in some way shortens that time. Platinum is new, and offers being able to ride twice consecutively - i.e. not getting off the ride.

They limit things by limiting the number of Flash Passes devices given out a day.

My FP pet peeve is when people line up at the FP return line too early, putting those of us who are there within our window at the end of a HUGE line! One trip we marched to the front, showed the CM our FP and they let us right in in front of a mass of people. We probably got some dirty comments that time!

This one makes me crazy as well. If you know how to use the FastPass system, you should know that the place to be when your pass window opens is not at the attraction entrance. You should be at another FastPass machine getting some more passes.

Bad, Bad, Naughty, Naughty!!!!

How many fps can you have at once?
Is there a list somewhere of what rides have them? First trip in three weeks!
Thanks!

How many fps can you have at once?
Is there a list somewhere of what rides have them? First trip in three weeks!
Thanks!

Since there is no requirement for you to USE the Fastpasses, the number you can have at once depends on how fast you can get them - which depends on the attractions and crowd levels.

Since there is no (normal) requirement to use them within the return window (although you cannot use them early), several have strategies to collect FP throughout the day, and use them later.

FASTPASS Attractions

Try and convince him NOT to get the park hopper, and try it anyways. Tell him if it doesn't work he can always upgrade the ticket at guest relations.

Then also have him ask guest relations what he needs to get Fastpasses... :)

Well, those are great suggestions, but I have given up giving advice to him. I have a lovely brick wall in my backyard I can whack my head against if I want the same results.

Given our two conversations on the subject it is clear that my decades of Disney mania, family members employed there, and countless trips are worthless in the face of his single trip and EXPERT travel agent. (When reading this, make sure you say expert really loudly in your head with an odd sneering tone to get the full effect.)

Now, I need to get back to imagining his family "hopping" down the fastpass lanes to the tune of The Time Warp. . .

It's astounding
Time is fleeting
Madness takes its toll
But listen closely
Not for very much longer
I've got to, keep control
I remember doing the time warp
Drinking those moments when
The darkness would hit me
And the void would be calling
Let's do the time warp again!
It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
Put your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane

LOL I spent about 10 minutes outside the bathrooms at Pinocchio Village Haus to some college age guy who was complaining about how stupid it was to have to pay extra for EMH, fastpasses, etc and how expensive the food was.

Our conversation was something like this

him: Disney is such a rip off, it costs so much and then you have to pay extra for all this stuff to get in early stay late, skip to the front of the line

me: fastpasses are included with your ticket and if your staying onsite the extra hours are also included

him: really

me: really really

him: so you didn't have to pay more to get your fastpasses

me: nope, just take your ticket and stick it in the machine

him: hmmm well Disney still sucks because the food is so expensive

me: are you staying on site?

him: yes

me: did you look at a meal plan

him: they offer a meal plan?

me: yes

him: hmm guess we should have checked more things out before we left

me: *sigh* oh there's my kids got to go!

of course early in the conversation he stated that this was their once in a lifetime trip yada yada spiel and like other's have stated they had done NO planning at all.

To me that's like heading to a city and deciding where your going to stay and what your going to do AFTER you get there.

We had fast pass tickets from the give a day, get a day program and on 2 different days a few weeks ago we left the parks and still had rides on them. (4 of us) I was going to give them to someone and my dh looks at me and says, "Do you really want to try and explain them to someone?" :rotfl: I ended up just keeping them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter