Do the FW Cabins have a separate bedroom?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
Do the Fort Wilderness Cabins have a separate bedroom with a door to close?

Planning a trip with: Me, DH, DD5, DD2, & my parents & trying to see if we could comfortably stay in a cabin. My parents would need their own bedroom. DH & I would be fine with the kids.

We've never seen the inside of a cabin, so I'm not sure if this would work.

Thanks!

Yes it has it's own door. The bedroom has a queen and two bunks. There is also another door that opens to the deck in the bedroom. The living area has a sleeper couch.

Not sure it would work with you. Yes, there is a separate bedroom but that's where the bunk beds are which is where your kids would probably want to sleep. The Murphy bed is out in the living room which is where you and your husband would sleep. There is a couch in the living room and your kids could sleep there but it might not be that comfortable for you guys.

They removed the murphy bed and replaced with a sleeper couch during the past refurb. The area where the murphy bed was in the cabin now has a large flat screen tv with storage underneath.

I don't think this would be a good fit for your family.

Your 5 year old is too young (by AAP recommendations) for the top bunk of the bunk bed. Most of the beds are located in the bedroom, so for your parents to have their own room, they would need to sleep on the pull out sofa in the living room. I don't know how particular your parents are, but that would not fly with my parents.

So they only way I could see this work for your family would be If you and your Dh are relatively small people and don't mind sharing a bed with your two year old--then you, your Dh, and 2 year old in the Queen bed, your 5 year old on the bottom bunk, upper bunk left empty, grandparents in the living room on the pull out sofa. There really would not be room for any kind of packnplay for your 2 year old in the bedroom.

Bear in mind too that the cabins only have one bathroom, and it's on the small side.

I think an AoA suite would work better. Bedroom for the grandparents, parents on the Murphy and kids on the sofabed (or one on the sofabed and one in a pack n play), two full bathrooms, and the kitchenette. You wouldn't have a stove top or a freezer, but otherwise, I think the suite would be a better fit for what you need.

Not sure it would work with you. Yes, there is a separate bedroom but that's where the bunk beds are which is where your kids would probably want to sleep. The Murphy bed is out in the living room which is where you and your husband would sleep. There is a couch in the living room and your kids could sleep there but it might not be that comfortable for you guys.

Thank you-I watched a video tour on Youtube & I agree with all of you-waay too small for our family. I'm dying to stay at FW, but we will need to check it out on a future trip when it is just us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter