Do travel or not to travel - that is the question

ThBa

DIS Veteran
Hello from Germany!

Only two weeks to go and I have to say that I do not know to say I am happy or concerned due to the new Omicron situation.

We are travelling from Germany to France. We all are fully vaccinated and my wife and myself are allready boosted. That means that we could travel easily to France and back to Germany without going into quarantine when coming home. But it is a strange situation and my feelings are mixed.

What do you think about travelling to DLP in the near future or is anyome going there also?

Please...calm me down a littel bit :rolleyes1

:disrocks:

If I had vacation days left, I would go now.
Does that answer your question? :)

Adhere to local measures, be sensible and enjoy yourself.

We're due to go in January from Sweden. We were last there in November. It definitely feels strange to be traveling but you have gotten your booster shot. I also have mixed feelings but at the same time for me pretty much any place is doing more than Sweden so I feel safer traveling.

For me the main concern is that France issues a closure once you're there. That means only partial refunds, chaos, problems, not to mention nothing to do during your stay... you would simply lose money and time.

I'm supposed to go to Paris from Dec 29th to Jan 2nd... being on DLP the last 2 nights, including NYE... and I'm having serious thoughts on canceling before the 7 day deadline...

Hello from Germany!

Only two weeks to go and I have to say that I do not know to say I am happy or concerned due to the new Omicron situation.

We are travelling from Germany to France. We all are fully vaccinated and my wife and myself are allready boosted. That means that we could travel easily to France and back to Germany without going into quarantine when coming home. But it is a strange situation and my feelings are mixed.

What do you think about travelling to DLP in the near future or is anyome going there also?

Please...calm me down a littel bit :rolleyes1

:disrocks:

I would forget Paris . Spend your Theme Park €€€ in Germany and there are good ones

Doing this you would have No Border to Cross

Paris will still be there

I decided to cancel my trip to Paris yesterday in lights of the situation... not a bad decision, taking into account Disneyland just cancelled the New Year's Eve Party.

If hotels weren't so expensive, I would book a plane ticket and go now.
To get extra entertainment, selfie spots, parade, shows, and extended opening hours, without paying extra for a party ticket? And the weather is not going to be too bad... It's very tempting for me at the moment.

Won't do it, as I like my own new years traditions, and it would cost me about 1.000 euro in hotel and transportation costs, which is a bit too crazy.

At the moment....we will go.

The school will begin In France on January 3rd and there are no other French school holidays during our time in DLP. Unfortunately there will be not so many English guests either. So I hope that the park will not be very full.

If Omikron let us.
:eek:

If hotels weren't so expensive, I would book a plane ticket and go now.
To get extra entertainment, selfie spots, parade, shows, and extended opening hours, without paying extra for a party ticket? And the weather is not going to be too bad... It's very tempting for me at the moment.

Won't do it, as I like my own new years traditions, and it would cost me about 1.000 euro in hotel and transportation costs, which is a bit too crazy.

That's the thing. New Year is one of the most expensive times, and if they're canceling the party just means the "extras" won't be enough to charge extra for them. In the end it'll be like an standard day but up until 1 am.

For me, that's not enough to pay more than double than going on another time of year, not counting the high risk of losing money of they declare a closure during the stay or a few days before, more restrictions, etc.

Not worth the money or the risk (for me), I'd rather go on another time of year when it's a lot cheaper.

Update - Taking also into account that our main reason was the NYE celebrations, as the 2019 were so awesome. Heheh. Hopefully next year they'll be able to make them again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter