• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do we still use the green tag to ID DIS members?

PoohGirlNJ

Earning My Ears
Leaving tomorrow morning for our second trip this year... yay! I just remembered (I think) reading somewhere here that we members use (or at least used to use) a green Mickey head tag on backpacks, jackets, whatnot to identify ourselves as DISBoards members. Is that still correct? I believe it originated with the Home Depot Disney paint chips, though my local HD doesn't have them any longer but I can easily make them. Just wondering if it's still being done, if yes I'll make tags for DH and I... and look for you all too. :-)

Home Depot no longer carries the Mickey Head paint chips and I don't think they even have the Disney paint any more. I believe that Walmart now sells it, but not sure if the chips are Mickey shaped any more.

You can always just make your own out of paper or foam.

I plan to attach one to my wheelchair this time 'round! :D Love the idea of a conversation with fellow Disney fanatics, or even a smile, wave, and a wink! ;)

Have Fun!!!

This is our homemade Dis-Mickey

DisMickey.jpg

I like it :D have you met many members of the boards @RHMH?

I been fortunate to meet many Dis- Board friends. Held a Dis-Meet last July at DLR and I usually meet up with 8 to 10 every year.. When you decide what month you are visiting WDW or DLR, find your month thread and join in... they always try to do a couple of Dis-Meets...

They are really fun.. Try to get everyone to bring something small representing their home town or State for everyone at the Dis-Meet.

Bob

I still have a stack of the HD Mickey heads (I have no idea how they came into my possession :rolleyes1). I usually have one on my backpack and fanny pack when I'm in the parks. I've run into numerous fellow DISers over the years as a result. My all time favorite was the time one of the characters made it known that she was a DISer too! We ended up meeting her when she was off-duty and got together with her a few times on later trips.

So wear those Mickey heads proudly. You never know who you will run into.

I still have a stack of the HD Mickey heads (I have no idea how they came into my possession :rolleyes1). I usually have one on my backpack and fanny pack when I'm in the parks. I've run into numerous fellow DISers over the years as a result. My all time favorite was the time one of the characters made it known that she was a DISer too! We ended up meeting her when she was off-duty and got together with her a few times on later trips.

So wear those Mickey heads proudly. You never know who you will run into.

That is awesome Steve! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter