Do we think Park Hours for early June might still change?

Scooley01

Mouseketeer
I see online that the park hours for the 2nd week of June (6th-10th) for our trip are:
  • MK: 9am-10pm
  • AK: 8am-8pm
  • HS: 9am-9pm
  • EPCOT: 9am-9pm

I saw that for May, the hours are currently set a little longer -
  • MK: 9am-11pm
  • AK: 7:30am-8:30pm
  • HS: 8:30am-9pm
  • EPCOT: 8:30am-9pm
Do hours normally get shorter in early Summer? Or are the June hours still "placeholders"? Any chance they might still change? We're a little over 3 weeks out from our trip, so just trying to get a grip on what our wakeup times will be and such.

I would fully expect some to change by staying open slightly later, mainly MK some days

Dan

I would fully expect some to change by staying open slightly later, mainly MK some days

Dan
How close have the final/official hours been changing? 3 weeks already seems relatively close...will we be getting hours updated up until the day of the trip? Haha!

How close have the final/official hours been changing? 3 weeks already seems relatively close...will we be getting hours updated up until the day of the trip? Haha!
Sometimes Disney changes hours on that day - announces that the park will close an hour later, for instance. However, they don’t reduce hours day-of (unless some extreme emergency).

I'm going the last week of May (22-28). Last week they updated the hours. MK used to close at 10 pm, but now closes at 11 pm (expect Tuesday for some reason). Other people here have mentioned that park hours tend to be updated two weeks out. Just keep an eye out next week and see what happens.

Typically every Friday. My trip starts May 31. I’m expecting updated hours tomorrow.

Thanks for posting this. I need to be on the look out for our early June trip.

During a past trip, the hours changed the night before. Keep checking.

For our trip, the hours started changing about a month before, then 2 weeks and slightly 1 week before.
Keep watching. Unless the parks are not crowded the week you will be there, the hours most likely will change.

A wedding at 5:30 am , she asked weakly.

Those are the placeholder hours- I would expect MK and maybe AK to stay open later, and if you're a rope drop person AK,EP and HS may all move to open earlier plus don't forget that extra half hour for on site guests before the posted time.

Note that Sunday June 5th, EPCOT is closing at 8pm, not 9. Space 220 isn't offering to search for any times after 3:30 or so but don't know what's going on there. And Animal Kingdom is closing at 6pm on Thursday the 9th...I think Special Olympics is having something there that evening.

Note that Sunday June 5th, EPCOT is closing at 8pm, not 9. Space 220 isn't offering to search for any times after 3:30 or so but don't know what's going on there. And Animal Kingdom is closing at 6pm on Thursday the 9th...I think Special Olympics is having something there that evening.
I believe June 5th is the day that portions of WS will be inaccessible in the evening due to an event.

Well good news, the hours were indeed extended! For the days we're going, we'll get an extra half hour at EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. Animal Kingdom didn't change, and Magic Kingdom changed for the whole week EXCEPT for the day we've got our park reservations 😅

It's also worth noting that Animal Kingdom opens a bit earlier on Thursday the 9th, but closes at 6pm.

Disney has been adjusting park hours about two weeks prior on Friday afternoons. The adjustment typically happens in the later afternoon,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter