Do Wine coolers or Mikes count as beer for disney cruise

blackpearl1281

Earning My Ears
I am going on my first cruise. I am wondering if a 6 pack of mikes hard lemonades is acceptable instead of a 6 pack of beer.

Thanks,

It depends. Do the packages say "malt beverage"? If they are a "malt beverage", they should be able to be carried on. I know in the US, Mike's is a malt beverage and would be okay. Mike's made outside the US contains vodka, which would make it ineligible to be carried on.

It really depends. If it has liquor in it then no (like I know the premixed Jack and Coke is not allowed) but if it is just a malt beverage made to seem like spiked lemonade with out using hard liquor to spike it then you might get it through. I know grocery stores can sale Mike's Hard even if they don't have a full liquor license so I would lean towards yes they are allowed but not 100% sure.

It depends. Do the packages say "malt beverage"? If they are a "malt beverage", they should be able to be carried on. I know in the US, Mike's is a malt beverage and would be okay. Mike's made outside the US contains vodka, which would make it ineligible to be carried on.

This is good information. I think I know what way I am leaning. :) I was thinking wine instead because I don't like beer but I do like Ciders and malt beverages so that might be better.

I'm not a beer / cider / malt beverage drinker and admittedly know nothing about the differences. I can tell you, though, that on our last cruise my husband and I each carried on 2 bottles of wine. No one even looked at them. They went through the scanners and I'm sure they saw the shape of the bottles, but no one asked about them, took them out of their carriers, nothing. They went through along with our backpacks as if they were nothing more than typical carry-on stuff. There could have been anything in those bottles and no one would ever know. Just saying' 8-).

ETA : and before I get flamed for advocating smuggling in contraband, I'm just trying to make the point that I didn't see security looking at any carry on that closely to check malt vs beer, alcohol content, etc. It was a sea of humanity and they were just trying to get everyone through and assure nothing truly dangerous came on board.

We brought a 4 pack of wine coolers in our carry-on. We didn't want to carry on a whole bottle. No problems
with the wine coolers, don't think I would bring on hard liquor...

In January, my son's girlfriend tried to bring on Mike's Hard Lemonade thinking it was a malt beverage and was equivalent to beer and after deliberation, was told she couldn't bring it on. Things may have since changed but she was not happy.

In January, my son's girlfriend tried to bring on Mike's Hard Lemonade thinking it was a malt beverage and was equivalent to beer and after deliberation, was told she couldn't bring it on. Things may have since changed but she was not happy.
Technically, the restriction says only beer or wine may be brought onboard. So, if the item in question doesn't actually say "Beer" on it, it would be not allowed.

That being said, some people have been able to talk items that are "like beer" onto the ship.

I'm guessing it probably depends on who you get at security and whether or not you are willing to take the chance that you might not be able to bring it on.

Just put it in a backpack. Chances are they'll never even look, especially if there's a long line at security.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter