Do you buy/use gift cards?

I hate gift cards. Especially ones that are to a specific store. My wife got a $250 Disney gift card when she retired and it may be years before we use it. I got Visa gift cards as gifts when I retired and they are a pain to use.
Visa gift cards are the easiest to use- I just use them when I go food shopping- if there is 11.17 left on the card that is exactly what comes off when you swipe- don't even have to keep track of the balance yourself. I save all my leftover cards with small amounts on them and use them all when I go food shopping (I go when it is not busy so no one behind me while I am swiping them all LOL)

Visa gift cards are the easiest to use- I just use them when I go food shopping- if there is 11.17 left on the card that is exactly what comes off when you swipe- don't even have to keep track of the balance yourself. I save all my leftover cards with small amounts on them and use them all when I go food shopping (I go when it is not busy so no one behind me while I am swiping them all LOL)
I no issue with the one I was given.....Visa that is. But I have to try and get the one my wife got to work.

I no issue with the one I was given.....Visa that is. But I have to try and get the one my wife got to work.
Sometimes it depends on which bank issued the Visa gift card. I had one I had to register online with my name and address before I could use it

Haven't had any problems with gift cards and we get quite a few during the year, Mostly for restaurants we regularly visit. We get them using points on one of our Credit Cards & shopping coupon Apps (Ibotta & Fetch).Some National & local restaurant chains usually have a specials around the holidays and Father's Day/ Graduation ( buy $X get $Y bonus) . We tend to purchase cards around that time.
I will buy Disney cards if we have a tripped booked at Acme Supermarket. Their Rewards program gives rewards points on most purchases. Gift cards are at least 2x purchase points.

I hate gift cards. Especially ones that are to a specific store. My wife got a $250 Disney gift card when she retired and it may be years before we use it. I got Visa gift cards as gifts when I retired and they are a pain to use.
Yes me too! I’m not a fan of them at all. Many are forgotten and never used.
I’d rather give or get money

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter