Do you call to confirm Ps's?

zippeedee

DIS Veteran
It's finally almost here! We leave in almost exactly 36 hours. I've called Song to confirm the flights, called the POR front desk to make sure Expedia communicated my requests (they had) and I keep feeling like I must be forgetting something. Should I call and double check my PS's or am I over thinking this? I have the ice cream social on our first day, Crystal Palace breakfast and LTT dinner on Thursday, H&V for the dinner pkg (send me pixie dust so it won't rain!) on Saturday night (if you call 4:30 pm night)
and Chef Mickey's for Sunday morning breakfast.
I've never done this much planning but you've all taught me well.
Thanks!

I have never re-confirmed. Just be sure you have all your confirmation #s with you!

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--penny

I always call, but hey, I'm a Type A personality. What can I say?

Call and Double Check! Mistakes happen. And yes a mistake happened to us! I always double check from now on.

I also am an advocate for calling and confirming your PS.
Or at least have them double checked at any Guest Services station when you arrive.
Having your PS # is vital, but it does no good to arrive at a podium just to find out the PS is for the wrong night.

I confirmed a week ago, and will most likely call and confirm again the day before we leave, on or PS's and all of the dinner shows we have seating for. My DH just smiles at me for the last week or so before the trip, because he just doesn't get it, and he figures that is the best reaction to me during that last bit of packing, confirming, etc. Have a blast!!!!::yes::

Thanks, everybody. I called, had a minor heartattack waiting on hold after he read me the first three and couldn't find the other two. Turns out they'd spelled my name wrong on the two MK seatings. All is now fixed and I feel so much better. Thanks for your help!
A little last minute suitcase rearranging and we are off first thing tomorrow morning!

Thanks, everybody. I called, had a minor heartattack waiting on hold after he read me the first three and couldn't find the other two. Turns out they'd spelled my name wrong on the two MK seatings. All is now fixed and I feel so much better. Thanks for your help!
A little last minute suitcase rearranging and we are off first thing tomorrow morning!

We actually didn't call to confirm before leaving. But I did almost get the same heart-attack when we checked in the Poly LVC. Our PS for wishes at 'Ohana was NOT on their list!! After a cool drink and some pacing....they found our PS!! (whew) Of course, we later that day asked to move up our PS to get around our fastpass for splash....:blush:

We also had a duplicate ressie for 50's prime time on their sheet?

So it never hurts to confirm again...when you arrive.

-cortegro

pop cent. had them all messed up but the rest. all had the right ones so do not know how that happened . scifi had us for 2 at the same time and the girl acted like it was my fault ( yeah like I sat an hr on the phone just to trick them by making 2 ressies for the same thing):rolleyes: so the moral of my story is why bother...you won't know if they are *really* right till you get there, just take your numbers!:teeth:

Originally posted by jann1033
....so the moral of my story is why bother...you won't know if they are *really* right till you get there, just take your numbers!

I don't agree.
Yes, you should always bring your PS #. This is a fool-proof way to locate your PS specifications. Names can be mis-spelled, typos can occur.
BUT, if you were to approach a podium on a holiday night and your PS was made incorrectly, there is a good possibility you may be turned away.
Very simple, either call WDW-DINE or stop at the nearest Guest Services counter and read them your PS# (don't work from your name or phone number) make them read the PS info back to you.

Mike

Always. We're usually celebrating a special occasion and we want it noted on EVERY SINGLE ps that we have. Usually it's left off of one or two, so I always check again.

We have actually arrived at the Podium with PS in hand two years in a row on Easter morning and been told they don't have record of it....had I called in advance to confirm it would have been too late to do anything about it and we would have missed the meal thinking we were out of luck.

Arriving at the podium with my PS and when I made it and being able to back up that info with the hostess has gotten us in. And yes I did have the PS; wasn't just trying to get in.

They were able to back track on one the second year (when frankly I was getting tired of this happening) and said it was cancelled on such and such a date by ??? and I was able to verify than indeed I didn't do that.

So I just make my list and carry it with me now assuming they have done their job right to begin with and if not; they will be able to take care of it at the podium/

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter