• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do You Carry Cash?

I generally have a couple of lonely singles in my wallet. Once in a blue moon I get $20 back from the grocery and use it for miscellaneous tips (for nails for example). I never plan to pay with cash though.

Just checked. I have $1. I always used to make sure I had some cash, $50 or so for when I travel, even for business. However, it got to the point where I never, ever used it, so why bother?

Almost never carry cash, but I have a $100 in my wallet that I've been carrying around since January. A friend gave it to me to cover her half of the hotel room we shared, and I haven't used it for anything yet.

I always carry cash with me, but almost exclusively always use my credit card so that I can earn points/gift cards.

We have two local breakfast places that only accept cash.

When we travel, I always have quite a bit of cash with us, "just in case".

We keep cash in our safe, also for "just in case".

Plus, I've been getting fast food when they say "their CC processing is down." Luckily, those times I did have enough cash to cover it. But I don't want to get stuck. Plus, random weekend garage sales in the summer.
That happened along fast food row a week ago Saturday. All the electronic payment systems were down. They had huge signs up at the Burger King I was at warning folks. A few walked in and walked out, one walked in, walked out, and walked back in with cash in his hand. DD just bought a house and we have been frequently Garage Sales, and yes, they are cash only. Now, Estate Sales, run by those Estate Sale companies will take cards, but they also charge sales tax!

Very rarely do I have cash on me. I do help myself to the laundry cash that my lazy family leave in their pockets as a pittance payment of my hard labour. Usually I give that to the homeless or street performers I walk by. Otherwise I have no need for it.

Right now only because I was just on a trip (business, not pleasure) and I always carry cash when I go out of town. It's not much probably about $50.

I use cc for large purchases and cash for small ones. I also use cash in restaurants and at gas stations, two of the most likely places for your cc to be compromised. My car is a hybrid, so it doesn’t need much gas, and I seldom eat out unless on vacation. I usually have a twenty or two where I can easily access them. I would not want to reconcile a gazillion little purchases on my credit card or debit card. I prefer to keep it simple. I am also more mindful of my spending when using cash.

This time of year it is also recommended that you have some cash handy in the event of a hurricane, if you live in Florida. The idea is to not have to rely on power to access the cash, in case of widespread outages. I will not say where this is kept, but it’s a system honed over many years of hurricane seasons.

I have some cash in my wallet. But I don't carry my wallet everywhere.

I just carry my phone with a silicone card holder on the back with my credit card, so, and Sam's club card.

I leave my slim wallet hidden in the auto when I'm out and bring it in the house when I come in

Nope don’t usually carry cash. Keep about 20 dollars at work in my locker Incase something comes up. Also keep about 20 dollars in my car.

When away, I carry a limited amount of cash. At home, very rare.

Learned the hard way that inclement weather can effect visits in ways you might not imagine.
Like the time we visited CT during hurricane season and the electricity was knocked out through the town. Guess what? No power means no cash machines, credit card approvals, or working cash registers. Not something this city dweller is used to dealing with.

Yes, to give the kids lunch money, or cash if they are going to a birthday party, some places here are cash only, or $10 minimum for a CC. I buy water at the soccer concession stand, many salons only accept cash for tips...

This was an issue for the three employees we sent to Florida to our sister station to help cover the Hurricane.
All under 30. All don't carry cash, normally. All were told to make sure they had enough cash to potentially cover a weeks worth of food because of the risk all electronic payment methods would be out of service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter