Do You Carry Cash?

Not typically, no. If we’re going to some type of event or somewhere where you tip often (bartender/cocktail waitress) we’ll grab some before we go. Going out of town, yes. Otherwise it’s just not needed in my day to day life. I do keep a stash at home for “just in case” but rarely touch it.

DH usually carries a little cash.

I usually have at least $20 in cash- right now about $50 as I took cash out to go to our local fair this weekend and did not use much- spent $22 on ride tickets for my 2 grandsons.

I usually withdraw $100 whenever traveling but usually don’t use most of it but it gives me peace of mind to have it.

I only keep money on me if a) I know I am going somewhere that takes cash only or b) someone paid me back in cash

I have not carried cash of any kind in over a decade. Every once and a while, if I need some cash for something and have to withdraw some from an ATM, I might have the remaining change with me for a few weeks, but that's it.

The economy is not built on planning for the future but living for the now!

I think it’s been proven that the modern American today is not a saver. So different from how I was reared 40-50 years ago. Thank goodness my parents were savers.

I’m fascinated from learning from this thread how many posters here charge EVERYTHING! I just can’t fathom that. But, you know, I see plenty of people charging small amounts, say a cup of coffee, rather than paying cash. I just never really thought about it until this thread.

I’m fascinated from learning from this thread how many posters here charge EVERYTHING! I just can’t fathom that. But, you know, I see plenty of people charging small amounts, say a cup of coffee, rather than paying cash. I just never really thought about it until this thread.
I charge everything, credit card rewards are too valuable to not.

My record for smallest charge currently stands at $0.10 charged at the USPS.

I do not charge what I can not afford to pay off at the end of the month as carrying a balance would negate the credit card rewards.

Credit card rewards have paid for many vacations.

Even if they charge most purchases, it doesn't mean they carry a balance. Credit card rewards can be very beneficial.

Always. I put a lot of purchases on credit, but if it's $20 or less I'll just pay cash. Also, high school events and concession stands are cash only, garage sales, tips, if the kids need money, etc., cash is good to have on hand.

I also still write checks and I don't have a debit card. I'm 42. IMO it's a pain to keep up with debit transactions in my checkbook and if my card is compromised I'd rather have it be a credit card. Also we earn SW points and haven't paid for a flight in 8 years.

I just use a debit card everywhere I go, cc on occasion. Never ever carry cash.

I think it’s been proven that the modern American today is not a saver. So different from how I was reared 40-50 years ago. Thank goodness my parents were savers.
I think a lot of people were never taught how to save. My parents (late 60s) were never savers and quite frankly, never good with money. I (I’m 51) grew up watching bills being a constant struggle for both sets of my parents. As a result I became a saver. The rest of my sibs didn’t seem to learn that lesson. Ironically they think I should freely give what I’ve saved. That’s the lesson they took away because that’s what our parents did. I think it’s a huge reason I’m not a cash person. It’s too easy to go through without the numbers right in front of you.

Note - I don't really charge anything. I have no debt of any kind - no mortgage or anything.

For nearly everything, I pay it with a CC that gives me between 2-3% cash back. I have a recurring reminder on my calendar and every single Friday at lunchtime, I go online and pay whatever balance exists. Never any interest of any kind.

I always carry enough cash to buy whatever I plan to charge. Credit card machines have gone down on me in the past, especially in restaurants.

My parents weren't / aren't savers at all. I guess that is why/how I become a saver and am very frugal.

Charge everything. Pay it off when the bill comes. I get 2% of everything I charge in rewards (cash).

I use my debit card most of the time, and only use my credit card for my weekly gas fill-up for my car. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter