Do you cat nap?

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
I do, every day, for several hours. The meds I take have HEAVY sedating side effects, so I sleep most of the day AND night away.

No. If I sleep at all during the day I will pay for it by struggling to fall asleep at night. I find that I have to be very routine oriented in my life and my sleep schedule falls into that category as well.

I’m a huge nap taker. They are very helpful.

In fact, most weeknights I go to bed very early (like 6:30 or 7:00), then wake up between Midnight and 2:00, do my chores or watch tv for a few hours, and then nap for an hour or so just so that I can start my day refreshed from a nap rather than groggy from a full nights sleep.

The longest I'd spent asleep was when I was first put on a particular meds, and I snoozed 36 hours straight. I woke up during the night of the following day and was very disorientated!

I do because I don't use my c-pap machine so I wake up tired. I usually doze off during my lunch break at work.

I do, every day, for several hours. The meds I take have HEAVY sedating side effects, so I sleep most of the day AND night away.
r.e. bold -- Catnaps, or naps that last 20 to 30 minutes, are fairly well studied, and researchers have discovered a number of benefits to a short daytime snooze.

^^^^^^^^^^^ -- https://www.healthline.com/health/c..., or naps that last,to a short daytime snooze.

I do *Catnap* for 10 to 20 minutes on occasion. An hour(+) is not a nap for me but rather is sleeping.

I don’t have a regular napping regimen. I know someone who has a set daily time for it. There are occasional days when I do doze off, and assume I had a sleep deficit going.

On the weekends I’ve been known to nap. Usually because I stayed up late the night before OR I plan on staying up late and I am sleeping for stored energy to stay up late.

Nope. If I'm napping, I'm sick. I try regularly on my days off, but I never doze. I will rest with my eyes closed, but I do not fall asleep. It is nice to calm my brain and rest my body though.

DH, however, takes a couple per day, usually 15-30 mins. Usually after lunch, then again after work before dinner. He works at home, so I can easily see when he naps. :rotfl:

I'm insanely envious of his ability to nap and wake refreshed and ready to go again!

Not intentionally, but not unusual for me to fall asleep for 15 to 20 minutes while watching TV between 3 and 4 pm.

Yup - especially since I’ve retired - I’m naturally a night owl so I love to take naps - as long as it’s dark-ish and I’m warm - I’ll fall asleep…I’ve been known to snooze thru MRIs…the noise doesn’t other me at all…

I don't plan for it, but it seems like between 4-6 PM I'll doze off watching television. I think it's my body telling me to get more sleep overnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter