Do you cat nap?

I sometimes nap, maybe for an hour or so. I love my naps. I take all of my medications as close to bedtime as possible or I'd never be awake during the day.
My husband and I are the same way, LOL. We are both retired and it is so easy to get into the nap habit. I dont nap as much as he does, but he is on medication that makes him sleepy. Of course, we are "older" and find it easier to nap during the day. I also get up at 5 or 5:30am so sometimes a nap helps. I never napped when I was younger or working:)

Nope. If I'm napping, I'm sick. I try regularly on my days off, but I never doze. I will rest with my eyes closed, but I do not fall asleep. It is nice to calm my brain and rest my body though.

DH, however, takes a couple per day, usually 15-30 mins. Usually after lunch, then again after work before dinner. He works at home, so I can easily see when he naps. :rotfl:

I'm insanely envious of his ability to nap and wake refreshed and ready to go again!
I am jealous of how my husband can say, "I'm going to take a nap", and then he Immediately falls asleep snoring!!! How does he do that??? It takes me a while to fall asleep and I usually just rest my eyes for a while. I do think it's a "man" thing. The ones I know in the family are able to fall asleep on command, LOL.

I used to take a quick recharge nap every day after work - but then I wasn't sleeping well at night.

Nope, hubby takes a nap just about every day but not me. I wish I could since I don't sleep well at night either. I'm lucky if I get 6 hours a night. I do, however, take a nap most afternoons at WDW. Don't know why but I go back to my room mid-day and maybe do some pool/hot tub time then lay down and nap for somewhere between 30 min to a hour.

Almost every day. It might be a half hour in late morning, or 90 minutes in the afternoon, or whenever. I love my naps.

Only if I'm on vacation and sitting on the beach, by the pool, etc. Otherwise I lose motivation for the remainder of the day.

I might take one today. It's one of those icky, rainy days where you feel sleepy all day. Must be the sound of the rain and wind hitting my window.

I am jealous of how my husband can say, "I'm going to take a nap", and then he Immediately falls asleep snoring!!! How does he do that??? It takes me a while to fall asleep and I usually just rest my eyes for a while. I do think it's a "man" thing. The ones I know in the family are able to fall asleep on command, LOL.
I love "rest my eyes". My parents *NOT IMPLYING YOU ARE THEIR AGE* always say that

I do, every day, for several hours. The meds I take have HEAVY sedating side effects, so I sleep most of the day AND night away.
But thats not a "cat nap". Thats just a sleep. Lol. A cat nap is a short light sleep.

I’m a huge nap taker. They are very helpful.

In fact, most weeknights I go to bed very early (like 6:30 or 7:00), then wake up between Midnight and 2:00, do my chores or watch tv for a few hours, and then nap for an hour or so just so that I can start my day refreshed from a nap rather than groggy from a full nights sleep.
Fascinating. And this works out well for you? I feel like i'd be a zombie if i did this. If I woke up at 2am, I couldnt go back to sleep after having slept from 7pm-2am.

I often fall asleep on the couch around 9-10pm, sleep until 11, then take the dogs out and go right to bed.
Also, on weekends I get up with the dogs around 6-7 and take them out and feed them, then go back to bed for a couple hours.

Frequently. Not every day but 3 or 4 times a week but only for about 20 - 25 minutes.

My husband has already had 2 today. One after breakfast and one after his late lunch. He snored for about 20 mins each time and woke popped up like a daisy lol It's my last day off before a stretch of 12s and I'd love to be able to catnap, but alas, it's just not meant to be. I have declared today a couch day, though. That's as close as I'm gonna get. :rotfl:

But thats not a "cat nap". Thats just a sleep. Lol. A cat nap is a short light sleep.

Fascinating. And this works out well for you? I feel like i'd be a zombie if i did this. If I woke up at 2am, I couldnt go back to sleep after having slept from 7pm-2am.
For the most part, yes it really helps me. Like you said, though, there are days where I’ll wake up at even Midnight and never fall back to sleep.

The hard part is coming up in April. I have season tickets for my local minor league baseball team so half of the time I sleep normal hours and the other half is my preferred schedule. It takes me a week or two into the season to get accustomed and I most likely will fall asleep at a game or two.

::yes:: That's exactly what I thought. I'm a "sleeper". I plan nap time on weekends and holidays whenever the opportunity arises - 3 hours is optimum. A few minutes at a time would do nothing for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter