do you cry at Disney?

I cried on the Under the Sea ride at MK (and my five year old told me I was "kind of embarrassing her").

I cried at the Winnie the Pooh Friendship Day character meal at Crystal Palace.

I cried on the Winnie the Pooh ride.

I cried at the look of sheer delight on my daughter's face when she met Ariel in her grotto.

I cried when my daughter was picked to be the horse, Philippe, in Enchanted Tales with Belle.

I cried when my daughter danced with Brer Bear and Clarabelle Cow in the Frontierland Hoedown.

I cried at the Countdown to Opening show at MK because of my daughter's excitement.

And then I bawled like a baby every time I walked past the statue of Walt and Mickey at MK. I'm tearing up thinking about it.

Yeah...I really, really love Disney.

Happy tears are the best tears.

My answer is yes. Not triggered by one thing, just happens randomly every trip.

We just got back from our first trip to WDW. I cried when I first saw the big ball at Epcot because I couldn't believe I was really there and seeing it in person. It was bigger than I had thought from seeing it on tv.

Oh frequently! I'm a 30 year old man and I am not ashamed or embarrassed to let my emotions go when in a Disney park :goodvibes I get happy tears sooooo often at the Disney Parks. Its actually one of my favourite feelings.

It tends to be at the shows more than anything, but I always tear up at Wishes, within seconds normally... Something about Jiminy Cricket I think. That and the beautiful music.

I also cry at Fantasmic (it's my favourite show) although that is normally with happiness. I really get into the show and just get so happy when Mickey pulls the sword from the stone and then magically moves on the mountain. "Some imagination huh?"

Dreams in Paris manages to reduce me to a sobbing mess too, Out There is one of my favourite Disney songs any way but the way they present it in Paris is simply stunning. As you fly through the clouds and towards the stained glass window. Beautiful.

I think a lot of what makes me emotional is the music to be honest. I get very much invested in the music and ever since I was a kid it really touched me. I cant really explain why it makes me feel the way it does though. It just does.

Yes, every time, and in different places. The Walt and Mickey statue, Wishes, Illuminations, the Castle, etc. Our favorite tradition is to take a picture in front of the Walt/Mickey statue every trip, when we enter MK. To us, that signifies "home." And it reminds me of my first trip to Disney as a child, the year after it opened.

I cry everytime we watch the beginning part of Wishes, when all of the characters are talking. Also usually when were leaving the gates on the last day.

I'm not one to cry easily, but our last trip was very emotional. In 2010, my mom and I had taken my older kids (3.5yo at the time) for a week at WDW. She died of breast cancer in April 2013 after a year-long battle. We took all 4 kids to WDW for the first time in October 2013--we really needed some joy in our lives at that point. I found myself crying at spots I remembered sharing a fun moment with my mom in 2010, and watching my younger kids experience WDW for the first time and not being able to share that with my mom. I think it likely I'll always get emotional on future visits now.

cm-39215-650ca913a748f3.jpeg

Yes every trip. No special trigger just the time and the place, and I'm not normally a crier. The worse cry I have is saying goodbye to Disney for another year.

I've only cried twice and both times were thankful to have arrived alive - flight #1 the right engine was frozen over despite being deiced but then stuck on the runway for half an hour, flight #2 we flew right into an incoming snowstorm that dumped 2 feet throughout the day - to say that I'm hoping for a tear free flight this time around would be an understatement. :goodvibes

I always cry during Wishes and this year I'm going to make sure my mascara is waterproof because my "baby sister" (9 years younger than me) is getting engaged during Wishes in September!

My husband and i took my in laws to disney in 2010. They have never been before that. She was 73 he was 82. We were watching wishes and my mil was to the left of me. I could see her wiping tears running down her face. I was going to nudge her but held back so she could have that moment. I will always remeber that.

I am so glad I'm not alone! It has become a running joke that anything Disney related will make me cry. The "Partners" statue in front of Cinderella's Castle REALLY does it- in fact, it's so bad that my husband purposely tries to steer me away from the statue. Every time I see the statue, I am reminded that Walt never got to see his ultimate dream. It makes me tear up just thinking about it. He brought so much joy to all of us on here, and he never got to see that :(. (Yup, wiping away tears lol). And don't get me started on "Walt Disney: One Man's Dream" at Hollywood Studios. Anything documentary related ends up with the casualty of several boxes of tissues. One night I watched a documentary about Walt on tv, and at the point when the Imagineers talked about Walt's passing- I just lost it. I can barely even think about it without crying. My poor husband thought a small animal was being murdered in our living room because I was whimpering so badly.

We are also DCL cruisers, and boarding the ship always gets me. I have to bite my lip when they announce our names in the lobby because my chin is quivering so bad. I try to hold it together until we at least get to the hallway so I can cry in peace!

I also cry at Wishes (I see that does it for a lot of us!). I try to hide my crying from my hubby because he always says "Awww!" then tries to console me, and that is the cue for me to start bawling. As in, blubbering, making incoherent noises, snot running down my face bawling.

I've even randomly cried in the car thinking about going to Disney or going on an upcoming DCL cruise! I usually don't tell anyone that because it seems strange to most people, but my fellow criers here will understand, I know it. :grouphug::flower3:

Like several of your posts that I've read, I am usually not a big crier either... it just seems that Disney triggers it for me. Well, I'll be a Disney softie for life, that's for sure!

I cry sometimes just planning trips and thinking about how happy I am at Disney. Usually I'll shed a tear or two at Wishes. I'm pretty good at collecting myself though. Today I watched some youtube videos of the parades and cried. DH is deployed, and to be blunt it sucks butt, and I am SO ready to have some more time at my happy place in 6 days! I'm in need of some Mickey Magic lately :) I'm also going to avoid the flag ceremony at Mk like the plauge, because I'm pretty sure that'd bring on the ugly sobby face.

Harambe Nights, at the show, I cried when Mufasa died and Simba went up to him. Oh, did I cry. In my defense, I think everyone there was sobbing at the point, including the easily 6'4 huge guy in the row ahead of me. So I didn't feel too silly. :simba:

This thread makes me so happy because I know I'm not alone! :laughing:

I cry literally all the time when WDW is involved. I don't even have to be there and I cry, which makes me feel kind of pathetic really, :headache: When I talk about it to friends and family I start to get teary eyed, especially when I'm describing a particularly fond moment or something I love a lot. I cry, or at least get teary-eyed on the Magical Express, both ways. Same deal going under the Disney World sign, arriving at the resort, seeing the first Disney bus and hearing the announcer's voice come over the PA on the bus ("Hello, and welcome aboard the Walt Disney World Transportation System..."), and seeing the castle for the first time on a trip. I'm starting to tear up just thinking about it all! :rolleyes1

I'm so bad, that at the beginning of Disney movies when they have the newer pan of the CG castle with the fireworks for the intro, I get teary eyed!

Sometimes I kind of feel like I have a problem, actually :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter