Do you do TS at every park or mainly QS?

Another option to consider are some of the lounges. Sort of TS lite. And some of them are for all intents and purposes TS but without having to do an ADR (Spice Road Table and Geyser Point are a couple that come to mind).

My wife and I avoid QS and use a leisurely TS as a break from the hectic pace in the parks. We eat an early/lunch or late breakfast and then a very late dinner. That fits our park touring and eating habits but to each their own. QS menus generally don't appeal to us; we enjoy greater variety and more healthy choices usually available at TS. Some of our musts are Yak and Yeti; Sci-Fi; Mama Melrose's; Le Cellier; Boathouse; Narccoossee's; California Grill Brunch; The Wave (sorry to see that it is being reimagined maybe as a steak house)-- looking forward to our first time at Topolino's during our Dec trip. We strongly agree that eating is indeed a fifth gate at WDW. We are glad that WDW offers so much variety when it comes to eating, but, of course, at a high price! Hope all the TS restaurants are reopened by mid-December along with s couple of new ones.

I like to have a TS lunch for half of the days, I like that it forces a break which helps keep the husband happy. Also we eat a small breakfast in the room.

I prefer table service at lunch, because it offers a respite from the heat and crowds. However, we usually do a late TS lunch, then leave the park for a midday break, and come back for the late afternoon/evening and do QS dinner. We seem to be able to control our timing better for lunch rather than what time our afternoon break should end, plus if it is storming (as it usually does mid/late afternoon) we can delay returning to the park a bit if we want to. TS meals are hearty meals, and I can see how touring immediately afterwards could be an issue. We just love BOG, Skipper's Canteen, Brown Derby, Yak n Yeti, Mama Melrose, and nearly all of the Epcot table service places.

We generally do TS for dinner as we aren't huge eaters and can't eat multiple TS meals in a day. Some places at the parks (i.e. BOG) are a mish/mash of TS & QS so it is really more of a hybrid. Think it also depends on your touring style since those who are the go-go-go types talk about how much ride time they lose doing TS. We never looked at it that way and enjoy TS for a sitdown type of dinner each day. We partly go on vacation to relax and have a good time not to see how many park miles we can do each day. There is no right/wrong way to have your meals and depends on what your family's preferences are.

A PP mentioned that TS are healthier options as opposed to QS. I beg to differ. There are plenty of healthy options available to you AND you can save a ton of $$$ at the same time. On the 6 trips we have been on, I have not eaten any pizza, hotdogs, burgers or chicken fingers. I often eat salads with salmon, steak, chicken.... I enjoy chicken and ribs at Flame Tree, or nice soup and sandwiches at Earl of Sandwich. Sunshine Seasons has grilled salmon with veggies. Japan has sushi. At our resort we get a nice stir fry or meatloaf with mashed and veggies or chicken parm/alfredo. ABC Commissary has a nice Greek salad with a protein and naan bread. I can go on and on. Do a bit of homework to see what is available to you and you can decide which way to go.

I have a sit down reservations at every park this time.

But, to help keep our budget to $100-150 a day for myself and son, I'm reconsidering only doing Prime Time and The Crystal Palace and canceling the San Angel Inn since there are so many QS food options in Epcot. I also have Rainforest for lunch at AK (this is the only full day in the parks we will do, since it closes earlier and the day before our early morning flight).

We will eat breakfast in the room and just do pool days, etc until around 4 pm than head over to the parks. We might go to HS early, if we get ROTR.
At this point in our travel budget isn't as big a deal so it is TS every night. A sit down meal is the perfect break at the "end" of the day. Not to mention my wife refuses to eat QS for dinner. :)

I like eating more midday and less at night and I usually like a break midday to relax a bit especially if in the warmer months. So, I tend to have TS for lunch every day. That said, if HS and I can't get Brown Derby, I would tend to leave the park for lunch at TS elsewhere; MK, I also tend to leave at lunchtime and go elsewhere for TS; in my opinion AK has some of the best QS, so tend not to do TS there (although Tiffins is a beautiful restaurant with a unique menu); EP I like Chefs de France, but also can skip TS if I like the special festival kiosks options (whichever festival happens to be going on when I'm there...and these days one is happening 365😀).

We tend to do TS. We have 2 boys (3 and 6, nearly 7 last trip) (6 and 9, nearly 10 for this upcoming trip). We tend to go in August which might influence that, but even the kids enjoy the break to sit down and get out of the heat/sun for a bit. We are too lazy to deal with having to find a QS spot to sit and order food:D

Right now we have TS reservation for every day of our trip for lunch/dinner. I may cancel a few depending - the epcot lunch (San Angel Inn, and one of our evening dinners at Kona Cafe) are likely targets. We have 2 dinner reservations at Kona Cafe just because we're staying at the Polynesian and I'm not quite sure we're keeping both.

hi! Me and my partner are going late august and plan to do is a similar style of touring! Hopefully when Disney brings back the dining plan!

When do you normally break for lunch and dinner?
Quick grab and go breakfast but I’m a bit unsure when to plan the TS lunch and dinner?
Along with that — fast passes.

We want to do something like Grab/go breakfast, rope drop, . . . lunch, . . , pool time . . . Back to parks . . . Dinner . . .
Those ellipsis are where I’m unsure fast pass go (before or after lunch) and later when to plan more rides before or after dinner depending on how early or late!
A bit confused haha

We prefer 1 TS a day most days. In summer, we like TS at lunch because it gets you in the AC for a nice leisurely meal. We often have 1 day with no TS and sometimes we have 2 TS. For our upcoming trip, we have 1 day where we plan QS at Satuli Canteen (a must do for us) and then in the evening, we plan to snack around the World Showcase for food and wine. We also have a 2TS day - it's our rest day. We are doing breakfast at Topolino's, hanging by the pool, and then dinner at Raglan Road.

Just MHO
When available i always get the DX DP. And avoid quick service unless it is like 2 am.

i can get a hamburg and fries any where.
there are some many great place to enjoy a meal at disney, that i dont have at home.

again, just my two cents

Our standard routine is QS for lunch, and TS for dinner. We really love sitting down for a nice meal every night - it's part of our special Disney experience. We don't ever do breakfast, so that's not an expense. (I bring a box of protein bars JUST in case we get up early enough to be hungry before lunch.)

We ALWAYS do Narcoossee's and Yachtsman every trip, but other than that, we mix it up! (We love Yak & Yeti, Skipper Canteen, Le Cellier, San Angel Inn, and several at Disney Springs like Frontera Cocina.)

We normally do dinner in Epcot every night if it's a couple trip. If we go as a family with young kids we haven't don't sit downs yet except Biergarten and BOG.

Normally we either leave the parks for lunch or have lunch and then leave. Allows for some relaxing back at the resort or elsewhere before going to Epcot in the evening for a ride and dinner.

It depends on the park...qs is fine in Ak, MK and Epcot...I find DHS limited so I always want TS there...but I usually choose one TS per day..I Iike end of day so I can relax and not interrupt my touring plan. But find what works for you!

If you are going to have a full day, rope drop to fireworks, I think it is nice to take a break with a table service meal, so you can sit, relax, and be waited on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter