Do you eat raw seafood?

mikehn

DIS Veteran
I was in Wegmans yesterday and picked up a dozen oysters in the shell. Got home, opened them up and ate them raw. I've been eating raw oysters since I was in college. Im also a huge fan of nigiri and sashimi. The CDC says I can get sick eating raw seafood. I guess Ive been lucky. I'd eat more oysters if they weren't so darn expensive.

I was in Wegmans yesterday and picked up a dozen oysters in the shell. Got home, opened them up and ate them raw. I've been eating raw oysters since I was in college. Im also a huge fan of nigiri and sashimi. The CDC says I can get sick eating raw seafood. I guess Ive been lucky. I'd eat more oysters if they weren't so darn expensive.

I'll do it. What kind? Around here it's primarily Pacific (Japanese) oysters which grow faster. I've bought some Atlantics before. They have a thicker more uniform shell. Once I even found a small crab inside.

I do. I'll eat sushi (tuna and salmon) and the occasional oyster. A lot of local restaurants do Buck-a-Shuck nights and when DH orders them I'll have 1 or 2 if I'm in the mood.

I love it! Sushi/sashimi is my family’s favorite, I really like ikura (salmon roe). Raw oysters and clams? A restaurant down the street has a happy hour, $1 each, I can eat 2 dozen easily.

Yes. I limit oysters to those from cold water due to that flesh eating bacteria. Super picky about sushi and sashimi (none from low end sushi bars or grocery stores).

Nope, won't eat anything that comes from the ocean. Hubs will eat sushi, don't think he's ever tried raw oysters.

I know a guy who got arrested harvesting oysters in a prohibited area for his restaurant, obviously, don't eat oysters at that place!

Love sushi and raw oysters. DW and I are tentatively traveling to Japan in August and I'm looking forward to trying it there if we go.

But I'm not down with squid or octopus. I just don't like the texture.

Yes, sushi/sashimi and raw oysters, but for the oysters it's been quite a long time since I last had them.

Love sushi and raw oysters. DW and I are tentatively traveling to Japan in August and I'm looking forward to trying it there if we go.

But I'm not down with squid or octopus. I just don't like the texture.
Raw calamari is my favorite. So sweet and crunchy, especially the tentacles.

Occasionally. My daughter works at an oyster bar, so we will sometimes get oysters when we dine there with her. We also have an Asian restaurant near us that has a variety of sushi on their buffet line that are pretty good, so I am pretty sure that I have had raw seafood there. I think I have had tuna tartar once. I wouldn't say that I seek out raw seafood on a regular basis, but I'm not averse to trying it if it is available.

Oysters and clams, yes. I eat most anything from the sea, but I’m pretty sure everything else has been cooked...even if served cold....shrimp, octopus, squid, etc. I don’t care for raw fish. I’ve eaten it, but don’t enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter