Do you ever feel trapped in DVC???

Posted by Mouse Ears: Lisa P. - where can I learn more about direct trading as you suggested? I assume you mean going around II.

Look on the Rent/Trade forum here, for offers to trade for DVC points. Also, Timeshare Users Group - TUG has a Classified Ads section that includes Direct Exchange Listings. Ask owners questions, see how regularly they post on a large, public forum and what they are like via those posts, speak on the phone, ask for references... decide if a trade seems right to you. It requires a bit more personal trust than dealing with II but it offers more options and usually, requires fewer points to trade.

Hope that helps. :)

Ask for Disney Dollars as gifts for birthdays, Christmas, etc. My family and I are so spoiled that we don't need anything else, and last Christmas we had enough to buy Park Hopper passes. We are asking for them again this Christmas, and will use them to spend on our cruise in 2002.

I guess I look at it this way: We plan to travel to WDW anyway, so why not save some money through DVC?

I guess if our financial situation changes for the worse, or we become tired of Disney, we may feel otherwise. But I hope the former doesn't happen, and I'm pretty sure the latter won't.

If you just need a year or three off, you can bank, rent, or use one of the exchanges (not the best value, but won't ruin your spreadsheets if you only do it once in awhile;) )

...for the great suggestions and comments. I am feeling less anxious about this aspect of the commitment. My DW and I are both pretty conservative with the finances, so I absolutely require the time for due diligence before jumping in.

We will not be making a Disney trip until at least next fall since we are now expecting our 3rd (and likely last) child in the spring. So, I think we will start saving and try to swing a resale purchase sometime next year if we can hold out that long. Besides, with a family of 5, DVC and the extra space can be even more beneficial (Of course I will have to budget for the 2BR after the first couple of years).

Also, even if we do take the plunge, we will probably start with a modest number of points and plan for every other year or 2 of 3 years. After all, we can always add-on later (and get the accompanying shot of adrenaline.

Thanks again for the great help on these boards. You guys sure are smart!

-M.E. :earsboy:

We sure are smart: we're DVCers, aren't we?? :D

(and btw..... my answer to your question is a heartfelt NO!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter