Do you ever nap in the parks?

mefordis

If you can dream it, you can do it.
Has anyone noticed that it's becoming common to see pictures on FB of people napping or lying down in the parks? I guess people like to make fun of them. Beware if you do this. Someone could be taking your picture and posing it to a Disney FB group.

Sometimes in HoP or at the American Adventure or Impressions de France. Never out on a bench or anything.

Once we were in Monsters Inc Laugh Floor :sulley:and a family of 4 all closed their eyes (maybe one or two were actually asleep, but they had their heads back and their eyes closed) and the whole family was put up on the big screen and the audience got a lot of laughs. It took quite a while for them to open up their eyes and notice they were the 'joke' at the moment. It was really funny and they laughed it off. The person doing the commentary referred to them as 'the Sleeping Beauty Family' :rotfl:

I never intentionally set out to nap, but despite my best intentions, I have never seen the entire Hall of Presidents show, I have never lasted beyond the dinosaur room on Universe of Energy (which is ridiculous that I can't make it that far), I usually doze off at some point on Spaceship Earth, occasionally on Living with Land. I have dozed off during the Lion King, the Seas ride, the Little Mermaid ride -- all unplanned. I usually am grateful to fall asleep during the Tiki birds show. Basically, if it is dark and slow moving or stationary, I've fallen asleep. However, this happens to me outside the parks too, so it's not surprising to me.

Yes, I have fallen asleep during a show or two.

When that happens my husband will suggest that it is time to head back to the room for a break.

Every trip. I have never seen the end of the Hall of Presidents. I am going to have to find a new place to nap. I am having a politics free vacation this trip and I already hear the President’s voice in my sleep.

HA laughed out loud at this actually lol

While I don’t agree with the Facebook shaming I do agree that the sprawling out all over the parks/resorts is tacky and takes away from the experience of the other guests. Benches in the parks and resort lobby furniture are made for sitting not sprawling out on to nap. I’m not talking about someone sitting in a show/ride and drifting off. I’m talking about the feet up on the furniture/bench like the own the place taking a siesta-that’s what their hotel room is for not the park/lobby.

During our trip a couple of weeks ago, we saw people laying down everywhere in Magic Kingdom. They were laying on walkways, floors of stores, by restrooms... Never saw this before, until this past trip.

Like most people here, I've been known to stare at the inside of my eyelids during a dark show or slow moving ride during the 3pm slump. But I only fell asleep out in the open once, and it was a complete accident. I was sitting on a bench in Epcot, saving a spot for my brother and waiting for him to return with drinks and snacks. And I guess he took a little too long for my liking since I jerked my head up a little while later when I realized he was sitting next to me and halfway done eating my snack :rotfl2: I wouldn't be surprised if he took my picture when he got back and found me snoring (that's what brothers do), but I hope no one else did...

When we went in 2008 all 5 of us were kinda napping on the grassy outside of Universe of Energy under the monorail while we waited for our Test Track fast pass time. Also that same year my friend and I were dozing off during the Little Mermaid show at Hollywood Studios. The end of "Part of Your World" startled him awake.

I have never been able to nap in the parks, lol, but I am a person who cant just sleep anywhere... my mom once fell asleep during fantasmic, she was sleeping sitting up lol

On NYE there were people napping all over the aquarium and later that same night I was sitting at a bench in the world showcase and a lady came up to me and told me I couldn't sit there because her young daughter had to sleep on the bench I was sitting on. I think on that day guests just didn't want to leave the parks and rest so they did so at the park. Clearly some of the guests became rude in their venture of a napping spot.

I've never intentionally taken a nap in the parks, and not just sitting out on a bench, but many times I have slept through part, or even most of the Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents, the American Adventure, Universe of Energy, and even Spaceship Earth once or twice.

There's something about American Adventure that puts me to sleep almost instantly. It's a great place for a nap!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter