Do you get a new autograph book each time you go????

mummajea

Mouseketeer
I was just wondering if each trip people get a new book. DD has one from last year, but since she was a little shy still of the charecters it is pretty much empty. It mainly has princess autographs in it. Should we get a new one for this trip, or just continue to build on the one we have???

Does it make a difference if we get Cindy's autograph twice in a book???

Am I being weird about this???

Also do yu think we should get a name badge from WDW? DD's is from last years DL trip and since this trip is a suprise for her i was wondering if we should get one from WDW for her.

Only 1987000 seconds to go...but whose counting!!!

We are bringing back my sons autograph book from 1996. More autographs will just be added to it. I did date the autographs currently in the book so we know which are new.

Hi! This is my first time posting here - those icons are great!

Autograph book question was asked -
Do you use a new one each time?

We do! And actually I made them each time we went.
I used small (4x6) photo albums and put in index cards with pictures of each charachter I thought we would see . The charachters really loved seeing their own pictures.... I hate giving away my secret, I know I should sell the idea to Disney! But then it wouldn't be as special for the kids...

THe first time I made them we ran into ALL 7 dwarfs at one time.... Their CM took the books and went inside with all the dwarfs where it was cooler. The CM came out later and asked where we got the books - I was afraid of trademark infringement or something, but he just commented how cool they were!

It also helped my 3 year old not be so nervous around soem of them, she could look at the picture then look at the charachter... it ws also a great reminder of who was who.... and a great way to pass the time while waiting for the parade-review who yoou have....

Anyway - just soem ideas...have a great trip!!!

We used the same ones for trips in '99 and '00. They are full now and we had Tiggers autograph about 5 times in them!

I will let my kids decide if they want to buy autograph books this year.

My sister and I bought autograph books in 94 and we used the same ones in 97. We have some of the characters names twice (once from each trip). They're still not even filled up though. We might take them again this year because we don't plan on getting many autographs. You usually have to wait on lines at certain places to get autographs, but we just get autographs if we see characters walking around and don't have a big crowd of people by them.

So it's ok to use the same one. If you run out of space, all you have to do is buy a new one when you're there.

I bought one the first time we went and got no autographs at all. My youngest was too scared to get any (even for me to!). So when we got home I put the stickers and other small things they were given on one page and a small synopsis of what we did on another page.

Last year DH and I went alone and I took the book with us. Hit the jackpot and got Alice's autograph while in England at Epcot. Got some others too. Put in the same type of souvenirs and another synopsis. Decorated it with stickers bought at the new Winnie the Pooh ride. I really like it.

Plan on taking the same book each trip til it wears out or I do. Even if the kids aren't too interested I think it's a great memory book.

Having gone through 3 autograph books that always just end up collecting dust in a drawer, we decieded to do something different this trip!

We let each child get a t-shirt and had the characters sign the t-shirt with a black sharpie pen! One of our kids got like 34 autographs or something. They LOVED this!! They could wear their shirts to school when they returned and wear them at least once a week now. It was fun easy and they are NOT collecting dust! Make sure you take your own sharpie as WDW does NOT sell them!

Have a great day!

Ours is just about full - we've used it for three trips now. But I would highly recommend keeping one across different trips for several reasons. Often, my DD would end up conversing with others in the line for character autographs and sharing her photos. (We always leave a blank page opposite the autograph and paste in the picture when we get home.) It really helped pass the time in line.
More importantly, many of the characters looked through the book and found 'old' pictures of themselves and made jokes or comments. Almost every character made a fuss over the photos. Genie kept comparing -pointing to his 'belly' in the old photo and then sucking in his gut when we tried to take the new picture. Timon had a huge 'fit' stomping his feet and shaking his head because he couldn't find himself in the album. After we took his pictures, he kept pointing to himself and a blank page - insisting that we add him immediately !!!!
My favorite was at Cindy's Breakfast when Cinderella found her photo from the previous year. She said "OH...I've already signed your book. I'll have to do something different this time!" She then took the book and 'kissed' the page she had autographed....leaving a big bright pink lipstick print behind. Don't think that memory (and that autograph page) will be topped in my DD's mind for a long time! ;)

We're not getting new ones. Ours have been to WDW once & Disneyland once & we're still trying for certain characters. I want one book with everyone's (whether my kids do or not! LOL)

We first bought our three kids autograph books in 1992. We have made at least 10 trips to the WDW since then. Our oldest daughter has 127 different autographs in her book. She has a list inside the front cover so she knows at a quick glance which autographs she has. Once our son turned 17 he decided to quit getting autographs until Cinderella offered to give his book a lipstick kiss and autograph. Now at 19 he is still collection "kisses". Our autograph books are so old.... they say EPCOT on the front and have a picture of Figment. Our kids consider them priceless possessions!

Just my 2 cents...R Judy

:earsboy:

The idea of 4 duplicate books was too much for the last WDW trip--this is what we did:

DD,13 carried the stuffed Pluto dog made of canvas fabric. The leash could be snapped so it could be worn like a shoulder bag so it was easy to keep up with during the trip. Of course Pluto made a huge fuss over her when she asked for his autograph--and she enjoyed that more than she would ever admit.

When we returned home I embroidered over each of the autographs with colored floss to "match" the characters, i.e. black for Mickey, red for Minnie, orange and black for Tigger, light blue for Cinderella, royal blue for Snow White, purple for Goofy, etc.

Pluto has resided on her bed ever since and her friends always comment on it.

DS, 5 used an autograph book we made. I bought a Mickey 4X6 loose leaf style photo album at Wal-mart. I took out the pages and sheet protectors to use when we returned home. We used coloring books and downloaded images from the internet to accumulate as many different characters as possible. Then I enlarged/reduced them as necessary and copied them on cardstock paper. I punched holes and reinforced them with the little circles. DS and DD passed the time on the drive down coloring the pictures with markers. CMs always made a big "to-do" when they were asked to autograph their own pictures.

When we returned home I reassembled the album with the character picture/autograph on one side and his picture with the character on the other. He still enjoys looking at this on a regular basis and we will be taking it back with us next spring.

HINT: Be sure to get the jumbo Sharpie--you can tie this to a color cord for the child to wear necklace style so you aren't always fumbling for it. The jumbo size makes it easy for the character to grip and sign.

DN(Disney nephew), 10 was too "cool" for an autograph book so he wore a light colored Disney shirt and had the characters sign it with the Sharpie.

Other DN, 12 opted to wear a hat and collect signatures.

Hope these ideas help!!

We do..on our 1997 we ended up buying 2 books and had Mickeys autograph about 5 times or so...lol

from 1996 too! My daughter and neice both have the same books we used in 1996 and 2000 and will use them again in August. My boys have them from 2000 and we will be using the same ones for them. When they get full we'll buy new ones, no use in wasting money! The kids will just save them to look at years laters, they're not going to wonder why Mickey signed it three times, lol!

Looking forward to going again in August, YIPPIE:pinkbounc

We brought our DD's book back this year and just paper clipped the pages together. It was very cool because we went to Chef Mickey;s for breakfast and had the same server...she had signed the book last time! We showed it to her and it was great!!

We used two books from 1995 and bought a new one for our youngest. They both have about the same number of empty pages (ie. the newer autograph books are much thinner these days!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter