Do you get what you request?

I'd say we get our requests about 75% of the time. I usually only request non smoking and high floor. Really I just do not want ground floor, so anything 2 or higher is great for me.

After reading a post on the smoking thread about not getting a NS room I was curious. How often and how many of our requests do we actually get. It's not unusual for me to have to remind the CM at the desk of a request I made.

90% of the time we don't get our request, all rooms are in good condition and that is a big plus to us. We started reserving at BWV with BWview, can't get a bad view were ever they put you.

I have only been a DVC member for a year and have gone on 2 trips. Got Non-smoking both times, but did not get anything else. Turned out to be fine, as I really enjoyed both rooms.

Until my most recent trip to VWL for Thanksgiving in 2006, I would have said I have always had my "request" for non-smoking for medical reasons honored. I am still working with DVC on this issue as I was giving a smoking room for my Thanksgiving trip because they had moved my room from the 1st floor to the 2nd floor when someone else checked in after me and complained about their room--the one I ended up with later that day. Unfortunately, I am not sure if checking in early in the day will help out as I always arrive early to make sure the front desk reads the comments regarding a non-smoking room. This time it didn't help.

SimbaCub
OKW April 2007
VWL Thanksgiving 2007
VWL Week before Christmas with friends 2007

We've gotten smoking, accessible and non view rooms on a few of our trips. We had a smoking optional studio at Hilton Head one time that I agreed to accept. That was a mistake but they were full. They cleaned the room and we kept the machine the whole week and ran it daily. But we came home smelling smokey. At night we slept with fan on and the balcony door open.

We request smoking optional... and get it, maybe 30% of the time. Most of the time we stay at the BWV, (most of our points are there, we have another small contract at BCV). We either get standard view.. or if we have to "up" then we go for the garden/water view.. whatever... but we actually don't mind being away from the elevators. So occasionally I've tried added something like, near tennis courts, or something, thinking that'd help since so many want "near elevator, non-smoking", and we ended up closer to the elevator than we'd ever been..in a non smoking.
Sigh.. go figure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter