Do you have a "home resort" or do you like to mix it up?

I have visited all the resorts, but there are some resorts I have no desire to ever stay at, so I probably won't.

Our 3 favourite resorts that feel like home to me are Pop/POFQ/Poly. :)

We were mixing it up until staying at CBR. Now that is our home and we only stray when we get access to my parents DVC points.

We tend to stick between SSR, Kidani Village, and Poly. Every time we try to rationalize staying somewhere else we never end up doing it.

If it's a trip where we know we'll be in DS a lot at night or want to keep to ourselves it's SSR, if we want a relaxing resort away from everything we go Kidani Village, if we want to see and do a lot but still be able to relax, then it goes to Poly.

I haven't stayed at a plethora of resorts, but I have stayed at All Star Music, Movies, Pop Century and Caribbean Beach. While I've stayed at Music and Movies both more than once, I've only been to Pop and Caribbean one each. Caribbean Beach was my most recent trip (August 2014), but truthfully it didn't feel quite right (don't get me wrong, it was awesome and didn't detract from the holiday)...perhaps I'm just conditioned to the value resorts and no doubt nostalgia plays a massive part, but funnily enough Pop Century feels like the one I'm drawn back to. It's the one I'll be visiting again on my next trip in March. I'd love to try some of the other moderate resorts or even a deluxe, but can't quite justify the price at the moment.

So long story short, despite only having been there once I feel like Pop Century is my 'home' resort.

We own at BLT and definitely consider it and the CR our home, but we stay wherever our points take us. Last year we did BLT, BWV, and Poly. This fall we'll do SSR for the first time. We have stayed at Beach Club, Animal Kingdom (both Jambo and Kidani), Pop, French Quarter, the Swan, Caribbean Beach, and Wilderness Lodge as well.

We are very close to hitting our goal of staying at every resort before we repeat. That being said, my own favorite is the GF. The family favorite is WL. We are also excited to eventually get back to YC at some point. :)

We are DVC home resort Kidani Village. We stay there much of the time, but do like to mix it up, and don't mind staying at any of the Dvc resorts. We have literally never been anything but thrilled with any of the dvc properties. Love Boardwalk location and amenities though.

BCV is home for us, but WL is a close second for me but not for DW she likes the BC/YC/BW area much more. I am not opposed to trying other locations but I always feel more relaxed at BCV.

My wife and I are not DVC members, we just like to visit every year, usually in February. We stayed once at POP but have found a home at All Star Music. It's not that we can't afford to stay in a moderate or a luxury hotel, we have found a family at ASMusic. Look at my picture. That's me with the girls in the gift shop. We have celebrated birthdays and anniversaries together. We email eachother throughout the year. When we arrive for our annual visit they are out there waiting for us. I had t-shirts made for them at Disney Springs with the all star logo on it and it said "Best staff members ever". It feels so good to be able to feel comfortable when you travel. It like when you return home from a long vacation and the feeling you get when you walk into the house, that you're home. That's the feeling we get when we arrive at Music. Plus, I can't forget the girls who serve me breakfast every year. The same staff and they always remember me. I usually get an extra sausage with my bounty breakfast. 178 days and we return for a visit this year in November and we are already planning our February 2018 trip. Can't wait.

I should clarify my above comment about staying mostly at OKW....we do try out each of the DVC resorts as they have opened for a couple of days at the beginning of our vacations to get a feel, so we have stayed in them all with the exception of GF (cant stand to spend those points) and Poly (same reason)....and for the first time in a long time we will do an entire vacation in June between Beach Club and Boardwalk

This is our third trip to CSR, I guess it's the closest thing we have to a "home" resort.

Next trip is likely going to be a short, "budget" trip. We may split a room with my sister at POR or return to CSR (depending on price/construction). I'd rather not go value.

We've stayed at POFQ and Coronado Springs more than once each, but lately we have been trying out different resorts each time. We've stayed in all the mods, so my goal is to try all of the deluxes. So far we've done Poly, YC and will be doing a split stay with BC and CR this trip.

Part of me wants to try as many resorts as I can. POR is really the only mod I have an interest in though so I would probably repeat that over choosing another mod. The other part of me has loved all the resorts I have stayed in so far and would be happy to stay at any I have been to so far. AKL is amazing and would be the top choice to stay over and over again.

Budget also plays a part, as does what type of trip. If it needs to be cheap any resort would be fine. I have only stayed at POP for the values so it would be easy to get in the other values for cheap trips. If DD and I are traveling without DH, I try to pick places I want to stay like GF or POfQ that he would not like. When we travel as a family I try to do anywhere close to the parks that has a great pool and food court since DH likes to spend lots of time at the resort.

My first on-site resort was WL. I loved it, but it's a little out of our price range (the first trip was paid for by my MIL). Our first family trip with just the 3 of us was POFQ. I loved everything about that resort and thought that from now on that's where we would stay. Until I saw POR. We took the boat ride one day to DTD and as soon as I saw those mansion buildings, I knew I was home. We've tried CBR, CSR, AKL, and Pop and POR is where I'm meant to be. Last summer we stayed at AKL and I was disappointed. I was looking forward to AKL, especially when we got our room assignment and we had a "partially obstructed" savannah view room. The only thing I liked about the room, and the entire resort for that matter, was seeing the animals from our room. I didn't like the room, I didn't like the resort as a whole, I didn't like anything. After 4 nights at AKL, we went to POR for 1 more night before our cruise. I was home. And I quickly realized why I didn't like AKL - it wasn't POR. I like POFQ, too, so either PO will make me happy. And we will stay at Pop if we're trying to save money, Pop actually felt better to me than AKL (or any of the other mods).

My dream has always been to stay at CR, but I'm hesitant because of how much I disliked AKL.

I'm a DVC member so I literally do have a home resort (actually, two ... BWV and AKV) but I love staying at different resorts. I only have AoA, the YC and the campground left.

Last edited:
DVC member at the Polynesian and Old Key West. Love both of our home resorts. Have stayed at almost every resort on property. Im currently in love with AKL and Kidani Village. That will prob be our next home resort.

We like to try new resorts, but it usually boils down to our budget and what we can afford at the time. But in general, I prefer to stay at Moderates and Deluxes.

We've been going for over 30 years and have stayed at every resort including what is now Shades of Green (used to just be a Disney resort) except 3 value resorts ASmu, AoA and the all stars that isn't sport (can't remember the name) POFQ, WL and SSS. Now days we tend to do split stays with the first two nights of the trip at whichever moderate is less and then move over to an Epcot resort, any of them that are less, even Swan/Dolphin. We have done the split with 2 nights at AKL and then over to BW and would most likely consider doing it at a monorail resort then over to Epcot. Epcot and HS are our favorite parks so walking distance to them is perfect. MK is our least favorite park and we aren't fond of the monorail since it tends to break a lot. Even if you are staying at AKL/V you are going to bus (or drive) to AK so we tend to do that park on one of first two days.

We can pretty much only afford values but I don't like the look of the All Stars so we consider POP our home resort. I would like to stay at other resorts but until we can afford others POP is our go to :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter