• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you have a "never again" list? Which restaurants are on it and why?

Marakesh...didn't like it one bit. HDDR food is gross but DD and DH have to go to see the show. Of course they like the food too. Urg...

We haven't stay onsite since free dining so it'll be interesting to see if the food really has changed that much.

For my family the
"never again" is for sure Boma. We are pretty adventurous eaters and love to try new things. However in our family of 5, no one liked the food at Boma. It all seemed to taste the same. :confused3 different strokes for different folks I guess.

Hollywood and Vine.

Breakfast was so terrible, that dinner is a no.

1900 Park Fare.

I felt ill after that meal, as did everyone in the family. The food seemed like it was there on the bar for a while.

Coral Reef, no one really cared for any of the food, and it was loud even by disney standards. Also, as a person that just wants to be left alone at dinner, I didn't care for Whispering Canyon Cafe, (others in our group adored it, but since I generally make the ADR's its, aw, darn it! BOOKED, the WHOLE TIME we're going to be there, awwww. Too bad!)

Maybe that was part of WCC experience? They threw napkins at us hahaha

Trust me, it was not part of the experience, he forgot our order, he clearly was out of sorts (and that is a very nice way of saying he acted and sounded drunk!) He wound up being sent home by the Mgr. and we got another server. Our evening there was a disaster. He asked our drink order 3 times, our food order twice and never returned to give us anything, we had to start the whole procedure over with the new server about 30 minutes later.

Mama Melrose's --- It used to be fantastic many years ago, but has gone downhill. Never again.

230 posts in and I am wondering if there are any WDW restaurants that haven't been mentioned in a negative manner?

There are several that have shown up consistantly. That throws up a HUGE red flag for me. Eat at your own risk! :scared1:

230 posts in and I am wondering if there are any WDW restaurants that haven't been mentioned in a negative manner?

We discovered we REALLY enjoyed Boatrights so much more after finding the same menu the next night at CRT. We paid 40% LESS for Boatrights!

Was that a good start labattblue?

Mickey's Backyard Bar-B-Que

Loud, pushy parents shoving their kids in for pic (and autographs) neither of which you were supposed to be doing.
Mediocre entertainment, food was beneath Disney standards, and not refreshed very often.

We left after less than an hour and ate at the resort. Not worth 2 meal credits at all

Not to gross anyone out, but this thread got me thinking about the one last year with Chefs De France/Salmon.

3boymthr's experience pretty much TRUMPS any I've ever seen.

If I were them...DEF a never again!!! :eek:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2173390

hahaha, omg, I didn't even click on the link to the thread, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about!

Never again: Mama Melrose~ DD has a peanut allergy, Chef NEVER came to table, instead we got "the chef said everything SHOULD be ok" from our server. Food was awful, but I know I am an Italian food snob. I'm Italian, I'm from Jersey, Italian food out of the tri-state area is just not edible.

I can't say Never again, b/c DD is on a toy story craze, but I could def. do without pizza planet, gag! The pizza, the portion and cost was a joke.

:eek::scared1::sick: That just put CdF on my NEVER TRY list!

LCDF was one of the restaurants I was excited to try back in 07 due to my dream of visiting Paris. Unfortunately, I was SO disappointed. It was hard to communicate...waitress spoke broken english/heavy accent. Then she clearly gave me "diet" cola, but was too proud to admit mistake or take it back...seemed to get offended when asked to change it. DH was served the wrong order and had to wait for meal. And some of the food just tasted flat-out "weird" (don't know how else to explain it). I would like to visit again just to give it the benefit of the doubt (I really wanted to like it the first time)...however, the thread last year has me second guessing. :sad2:

Anyone interested in summing up which restaurants have received three or more (and how many) "never agains"? Think that might be helpful to guests, like me, who have never been.

Every restaurant can have an off day, and someone's favorite might be someone else's never again, but I agree that a pattern of complaints raises a red flag, especially amongst a cadre of loyal Disney fans like this board has.

Anyone interested in summing up which restaurants have received three or more (and how many) "never agains"? Think that might be helpful to guests, like me, who have never been.

Every restaurant can have an off day, and someone's favorite might be someone else's never again, but I agree that a pattern of complaints raises a red flag, especially amongst a cadre of loyal Disney fans like this board has.

I'm working on it right now...so far, WCC is waaaay in front. Will post as soon as I'm done.

The only one on my list of never again for any resturant in WDW is Tony's Town Square. It wasn't the food that turned me off either, it was the service. Our waitress seemed frazzled that my Dear Sister needed to talk to the chef because of her being allergic to dairy. At one point, my youngest spilled a drink on the floor. We timed it and for 5 minutes, it was walked around, through and over by CM's carrying trays of food before it was finally cleaned up.

We had lovely experiances at Le Chef's De France, O'hana, 1900 Park and Tusker House as well as WCC. So much so that when we went back for breakfast on our last day we requested to be seated in either our server's or his friend's section and our kids had them sign their autograph books.

Well, after posting the above decided that if I really cared I should just do it myself. I did it on the fly, so forgive me if there are any errors/miscounts, understand it was utterly unintentional. (I'm a Disney newbie so the only restaurant on this list I've even been inside is Rainforest Cafe, and not at the Animal Kingdom location.)

Please keep in mind that there were all different reasons given for not liking these restaurants, everything from food poisoning to just plain bad food, poor service to lackluster atmosphere, cleanliness issues to exorbitant cost. And don't forget that there were plenty of people chiming in to say how much they liked some of the restaurants others hate. For some, it definitely seemed to depend on what meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner) they ate as to whether the restaurant earned a repeat visit. For instance, 'Ohana was high on the "never again" list, but most of the complaints were about dinner, and only one or two about the character breakfast.

Worth noting of the top two, Hollywood & Vine seemed to be universally disdained as having dismal food, while Whispering Canyon had some fans, and many of the complaints about the latter involved atmosphere, specifically noise and service.

Obviously this is far from scientific--keep in mind this is a VERY small sample of all Disney restaurant guests--but I know it makes me think twice about many of these places.

Restaurants with three or more "never again" mentions through post #297 …

1. Hollywood & Vine (31 "never agains")
2. Chef Mickey's (28)
3. Whispering Canyon Cafe (26)
4. Sci-Fi Drive In (18)
5t. Mama Melrose, 'Ohanas, Restaurant Marrakesh (16)
6t. Boma, Le Cellier (15)
7t. ABC Commissary, Crystal Palace (14)
8t. Angel Inn/Catina San Angel, Tony's Town Square (12)
9t. Askerhaus, Rose & Crown (11)
10. Biergarten (9)
11t. Coral Reef, Nine Dragons (8)
12t. '50s Primetime Cafe, 1900 Parke Fare, Cinderella's Royal Table, Garden Grill, Hoop-Dee-Do-Revue, Rainforest Cafe (7)
13t. Boatwright's, Electric Umbrella, Kona Cafe, Lotus Blossom, Toy Story Pizza Planet, Tusker House, Yak & Yeti (6)
14t. Cape May, Rainforest Cafe, Teppan Edo, Tutto Italia (5)
15t. Captain Jacks, Narcoose's, Tangerine Cafe, Wolfgang Pucks (4)
16t. Big River Grill, Chefs de France, Kouzzina, Liberty Tree Tavern, Raglan Road, Spirit of Aloha, Sunshine Seasons, Trail's End (3)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter