Do you have a summer vacation booked?

We did, to the Delaware shore with my parents. We had a house booked through VBRO. Unfortunately, my dad has had some health issues and I just don't know what the summer will bring.

I went ahead and cancelled the reservation -- I was careful to choose one with 100% refund through May. It's sad, but I just didn't want to assume anything (it was a surprise for my parents).

Now I just want to plan something. But my DD21 is going to find an apartment over the summer, I might be going out to MD to be with my folks, and it's just one too many things.

Not summer but we have a river cruise on the Danube booked for the end of Sept. It was pushed out from fall 2020. Hoping it still works out but not getting my hopes up just yet.

We bought a house on a lake several years ago and it gets used all summer. Last year especially, it was nice to be able to share it with friends and family. (We were very limited with our visits but people used it a lot) Kayaks and paddle boards are a great way to be outside, distance and enjoy yourself. We were popular siblings in our family☺

Yes. I am celebrating my 70th birthday in June. I always hoped to take a nice trip for my birthday. Maybe a cruise. Because of COVID, that cannot happen. So, me, my son and his girlfriend, and my brother-in-law and his family have reservations at my favorite place in Traverse City for a few days. We will go someplace nice on the water for dinner to celebrate my birthday. To be honest, the accommodations are ridiculously expensive, but I don’t care. After the year we’ve had, we deserve it!

Summer is up in the air as DGD will probably be working as an intern at BIL’s office. Of course I could (and have in the past) go on a solo trip but there are so many travel restrictions currently I see no reason to plan a big trip.
Do have a glamping trip planned for Memorial Day weekend though.

We have a cruise scheduled for mid-August for 8 that was booked pre-COVID. If it happens, great, if it doesn’t we have a GV at OKW for three nights, followed the next week with a Beach Cottage at Vero for 4 nights.
That all assumes that some/all of the adults in the group have been vaccinated by then.

mac_tlc

Not booked but we plan on WDW and the Four Seasons Orlando. Maybe a beach house or national park trip too. Last summer we were supposed to go to NYC and Quebec City, but I’m not sure we will take that trip this year

Not a summer vacation, because we have a lake house that we use all summer, but we have a trip planned for either May or Sept. I want to go in May, but we won't travel until we have gotten the vaccine and I'm thinking that won't happen by May. So, if we need to, we'll go in Sept. instead.

Since we don't feel comfortable flying, we'll stick to the east coast. We'll drive from NH, to Washington DC, Shendoah National Park, Smoky Mountain National Park, Cumberlin Gap, Mammoth Cave National Park, The Flight 93 Memorial, Gettysburg National Park and back home.

Over the weekend I made reservations at Shenandoah NP and Mammoth Cave NP for both May and Sept. By March we should know when we'll be able to get the vaccine and if the Visitor Centers/Tours etc. will be fully open and we'll decide whether we'll go in May or Sept.

We are also planning to go to Disney in October and December.

Our summer plans are almost always last minute and will be even moreso this year, mostly for non-pandemic related reasons - I'm waiting to find out where DD19 will be interning, since she's applying to state and national parks all over the country, before deciding on a destination and we'll be van-camping again when we do travel which limits how much pre-planning I have to (or can) do since we stay largely at NP/BLM sites that are first-come, first-served. I'm very much hoping summer will take us to Alaska (hopefully by way of a visit with DD in Montana, since Glacier is far and away her top internship choice) but that's far from carved in stone.

We're also starting work this summer on clearing and grading a driveway and camping pad on my family's land up north, so that will eat up quite a few of our weekends at the very least, and we're still waiting to hear whether or not the county fair and therefore our annual local cabin-camping week will happen this year.

We just booked last week. We’d find a house, decide to go for it, and it would be booked. Some are asking for 2 week minimums. We usually start looking in January, started in November this year but then stopped (bad idea). We literally trued to book 4 homes last week and were told no (One rented to family, two 2 weeker, one had to modify dates due to covid cleaning). We are paying $1700 a night for a house we don’t like from an owner we’ve rented from before who does nit take care of her homes, still the case according to recent reviews.
Ugh. Well I think we’re out of luck. We have a few things we need in a house that can’t be compromised on. The only houses that now have these features are thousands a night and even they are pretty much booked. We loved our houses the last 2 years and they both are completely booked. Glad you found something even though it isn’t ideal.

No; we had planned to go to Eleuthera in July, but based on some COVID info we got in a staff meeting at work yesterday it is looking like summer and fall travel outside the US might not be possible, so I'm not booking anything.

Ugh. Well I think we’re out of luck. We have a few things we need in a house that can’t be compromised on. The only houses that now have these features are thousands a night and even they are pretty much booked. We loved our houses the last 2 years and they both are completely booked. Glad you found something even though it isn’t ideal.
We’ve been renting every year, different areas, two years ago made the mistake of being oceanfront, and now we can’t go back. I have adult children working in central Jersey, so I want to stay as both as possible to make it possible for them to commute from the house if necessary (last year one took off and the other set up his office in the house). Maybe get in touch with owners and see if they have a waiting list in case of cancellations. My sister’s family flies in for this, or else we could be flexible.

Nothing booked, but there are a few vacations we'd like to do this year. But everything is up in the air and dates/destinations can change at any time.

Spring break - possibly San Antonio
Summer - possibly a National Parks vacation (but I fear that everyone who typically travels internationally will be doing the same as it seems to be the case with beach homes)
Fall - hopefully Cancun

We have 3 vacations planned none of which are in the summer. WDW in May, North Conway in October, and WDW in November. We may rent a condo near Mt. Washington in August if my coworker's friend is still renting it out but that is not booked or really planned yet. Just an idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter