Do you have a wedding anniversary tradition that you do every year?

It will be 38 years for us this year. We stopped gift giving years ago. Neither of us needs more stuff. We always try go out for a special dinner, but many years he was deployed somewhere. But one thing has been constant, even on years when he was away. On our anniversary I will receive a bouquet of roses. One rose for every year we've been married. Last year it took 2 boxes to deliver them, and I had to split them amongst a few vases.

20 years for us today! Been together for 24. Some years we stay home, others we go out. Tonight we went out to dinner and had a wonderful evening. I married the greatest guy in the world. When I woke up this morning, he had left a large bouquet of Stargazer Lilies...the flowers my bridesmaids carried 20 years ago. What guy remembers that? I am a lucky lady!

When the kids still lived at home we would always go to WDW the week of our anniversary, but anymore we sometimes even forget the day and have to celebrate a few days or even weeks later.

We used a numbered book on each table as our guest book(s) at our wedding, each year we read the corresponding number book. This past year we were in Disney for our second anniversary. I got all cozy on our bed and settled in to read... one note. Apparently the table enjoyed the open bar too much to sign the book :p
She did mention she tried to get other people to sign it but they didn't oblige. Here's hoping table #3 gave us more to read this coming January.

We usually do a some kind of getaway now, but when our kids were younger it was dinner and a movie.

Our anniversary is tomorrow, 23 years. We used to go on a short weekend trip. We now will try to plan something, either a nice dinner or a little get away. It varies every year and it may not happen on the actual day. Tomorrow my friend and coworker is getting married so we are going to a wedding on our anniversary.

We just had our first wedding anniversary in May, but we've been together about 5.5 years. Every year on our anniversary we take a little trip - for our one year wedding anniversary it was Disney, which is sort of a big trip, but in previous (and for future anniversaries, I'd say, unless it's a "big" one) years we have just driven somewhere for the weekend. My husband got me a pair of earrings on our honeymoon (rose gold studs with crystal) and they were my go-to everyday earrings until our one year anniversary, where he kept up the tradition and bought me a pair of rose gold Mickey stud earrings :lovestruc we don't spend a lot of money on them or anything, it's just a fun token for every year!

20 years for us today! Been together for 24. Some years we stay home, others we go out. Tonight we went out to dinner and had a wonderful evening. I married the greatest guy in the world. When I woke up this morning, he had left a large bouquet of Stargazer Lilies...the flowers my bridesmaids carried 20 years ago. What guy remembers that? I am a lucky lady!

Happy Anniversary!

Dbl post

Our anniversary is tomorrow, 23 years. We used to go on a short weekend trip. We now will try to plan something, either a nice dinner or a little get away. It varies every year and it may not happen on the actual day. Tomorrow my friend and coworker is getting married so we are going to a wedding on our anniversary.

Happy Anniversary!

Dbl post

We've gone to the same restaurant for our anniversary every year (19 years). As we've started vacationing near our anniversary each year now, it's gotten so we eat there a couple of weeks beforehand rather than on the day or the weekend near it. We may have missed a year or two, we've gotten sloppy about it due to our June vacations.

We got married the weekend after Thanksgiving. My DHs side of the family has their yearly get-together for Thanksgiving (and had for years before we met). So our tradition is to mostly ignore our anniversary and spend time with family. For 15 years it was at my MIL/FILs house (where there are no places to do anything anniversary-like, no nice restaurants, no movie theater, no bars or clubs). Now the children take turns hosting, so every 4th year it's our turn. Our turn happened to be on our 25th anniversary, so we invited my family as well and had 30 for dinner that day. And an anniversary cake.

Our anniversary is tomorrow the 22nd of August. We will be married 34 years.
Sometimes my dh will have flowers delivered to my work place, other times he will bring them home.
I think this year he forgot, but I know 15 yards of black dirt is coming tomorrow, since we just put in a new sidewalk
and we are filling it in around the sidewalk tomorrow.
I did book our first cruise next year for our 35th Wedding Anniv.
We went to WDW for our 25th and had a blast, I sure hope the Disney Cruise will be fun.

We exchange cards and try to go out to a nice dinner.
We also pull out our toasting glasses and toast one another. It may be a soda, but we always toast each other. We tend to be on vacation during our anniversary, so we haul the glasses with us. They have been to Hawaii, California, and Boston! :)

Dh and I used to go to the same eat place but we move but oddly enough we have two anniversarys the day we meet which happens to be my grandmothers birthday and our wedding one But back on topic stack and shack is our place of choice

We go to The Melting Pot every year and get the big night out. We are celebrating 10 years this October. We would like to go away overnight but we have no one in town that is willing to take the kids (my IL's are always too busy and my SIL says her kids aren't old enough for sleepovers... they're 8, 5 and 2)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter