Do you have an arrival day tradition?

TooBoyz4us

DIS Veteran
Normally, we simply visit Disney Springs on our arrival day. However, we are looking for something different to do this time. We are now just 2 adults, as the kids have all grown up on us.

Originally, we had planned on heading over to DHS around 1pm, having dinner there, and then Fantasmic.
But, F! is now at 9pm and we could care less about spending that much time in DHS. My hubby really dislikes DHS anyway .

So, tell me your arrival day traditions!!!

We keep it kinda short cause the arrival day is a long one for us. We arrive around 2 usually, and after we put our carry ons in our room (usually ready by then), we go to Magic Kingdom, have lunch at Columbia Harbour House, and then just go on a couple of our favorite rides, Haunted Mansion and Carousel of Progress. Then it's back to the hotel for a nap, where we wake around 9 pm and go for dinner in the food court. Nothing overly exciting, but like I said, arrival day is a long one for us.

we normally arrive late (around 5pm). We often will go to MK for fireworks or nice dinner at or near resort plus swim. Our family is always split on which we prefer - big controversy.

We arrive as early as we can (normally between 10 and noon) - drop off our bags, unless room is ready - then we would head straight to room.
Then we head to Epcot! Ride Spaceship Earth, get some champagne in France, sake in Japan, go to dinner and be back at resort after Illuminations if we eat in Epcot. We stay in the Boardwalk area, so dinner is either in Epcot or at one of the hotel restaurants. Then we close out the night with a glass of wine at the hotel bar. :)

My arrival day tradition is to enjoy the resort and head to the pool. With an early flight, I usually arrive around 11:30 - 12:00 in the afternoon, go to lunch at a resort restaurant, spend the remaining of the afternoon by the pool, and head into a park in the evening to catch an evening show and do some rides with fastpasses. If I do not have a ticket, it is either enjoying the resorts (Monorail Loop - Epcot Resorts) or head to Disney Springs for dinner and shopping. Arrival days are the best - so much excitement for the vacation.

Usually, arrival day leads us to Epcot and a dinner at Coral Reef, with Magic Kingdom always being our first full day. This next trip, however, is just a long weekend, and with a 8:15 flight arrival, we're not going to be able to make that happen.

Arrival day is the best! How we spend it totally depends on flights and where we are staying. We’ve done straight to the parks, bus to DS, and just hung around the resort. If we are staying deluxe we try to enjoy the resort as much as possible. I prefer getting in midday with no park planned. Check in then either hopping a boat or monorail to visit a bar or two or heading to Disney Springs to have dinner and walk along the water. Then finishing the night out in the pool or watching a movie. Hopefully as the years go on we can nail down a tradition :)

We’ll be having a Disney Arrival Day this Wednesday!!!

We fly into MCO the night before ... stay at the MCO Hyatt ... have a town car pick us up at 7:00am the next morning ... arrive at the Poly at 7:30am ... breakfast at Kona ... arrive at the pool when it opens and spend the day relaxing and enjoying drinks from the pool bar ... dinner at California Grill ... we love it!!!

we normally arrive late (around 5pm). We often will go to MK for fireworks or nice dinner at or near resort plus swim. Our family is always split on which we prefer - big controversy.
I had to chuckle at 5PM being late, that is the time we try and get on the road for our 7 hr drive:) Our tradition is to try and get there before 2AM.

We tend to have a lazy first day. We fly from the UK and usually land around 3pm but we're normally pretty tired by the time we get there. Our tradition is getting a massive pepperoni pizza from all star sports food court for me and dh to share... Or more like I have a couple of slices and he demolishes the rest of it! Then we get an early night ready for a full park day the next day.

Ours is dumb, but we go to Walmart to stock up on snacks and room beers and then normally get QS from Disney Springs and have an early night. The long haul flight is horror for my body clock so don't normally make it to 9pm.

My wife and I are in our mid 60's and we travel down every year at the end of February. We usually arrive at our hotel (ASMu) around 1. The room is always ready. We change into our swim suits, go to the cafeteria and get lunch. Bring the food to the pool and enjoy a beautufyl lunch in the sun. Remember, it is usually in the 10's and 2 feet of snow on the ground when we left Michigan. After lunch we take a quick dip in the pool and lay in the sun til we are dry. We then dress and go to the Magic Kingdom. We get two rocking chairs on the porch and grab two mickey ice cream bars and announce "We're back". Dinner is always at the Crystal Palace. We do this every time.

Main St USA here we come. :yay:

It's not Disney until we there. :flower1:

Unless we arrive after midnight but even 1 yr dd around 18 dragged me to MK to ride space mtn 1 time because there were late hours. :rolleyes: :laughing:

We normally check in around 1500 hours. The girls head to the pool. And then we always have dinner at Ohana between 2000 and 20:45 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter