• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you have an arrival day tradition?

We arrive at POFQ on Saturday for 12 days!! We drive so we plan on being there around noon, hopping on the boat to Disney Springs for some lunch and then heading to Trader Joes to stock up on stuff for breakfasts and lunchs.

Normally, we simply visit Disney Springs on our arrival day. However, we are looking for something different to do this time. We are now just 2 adults, as the kids have all grown up on us.

Originally, we had planned on heading over to DHS around 1pm, having dinner there, and then Fantasmic.
But, F! is now at 9pm and we could care less about spending that much time in DHS. My hubby really dislikes DHS anyway .

So, tell me your arrival day traditions!!!
Depending on our arrival time, we head to Disney Springs for lunch or dinner at Earl of Sandwich... every trip.

Our's is usually very relaxed. Drive thru the night and arrive around 9 or 10. We will walk around DS for a while and have an early lunch. Then we head to the resort and the kids will go swimming or explore the resort w/ me while my husband hopefully sleeps once we get a room. We do a late dinner at a TS at whatever resort we are staying.

My arrival day tradition is to enjoy the resort and head to the pool. With an early flight, I usually arrive around 11:30 - 12:00 in the afternoon, go to lunch at a resort restaurant, spend the remaining of the afternoon by the pool, and head into a park in the evening to catch an evening show and do some rides with fastpasses. If I do not have a ticket, it is either enjoying the resorts (Monorail Loop - Epcot Resorts) or head to Disney Springs for dinner and shopping. Arrival days are the best - so much excitement for the vacation.

Exactly what we like to do!

We’ll be having a Disney Arrival Day this Wednesday!!!

We fly into MCO the night before ... stay at the MCO Hyatt ... have a town car pick us up at 7:00am the next morning ... arrive at the Poly at 7:30am ... breakfast at Kona ... arrive at the pool when it opens and spend the day relaxing and enjoying drinks from the pool bar ... dinner at California Grill ... we love it!!!
Someday, I plan to try this type of arrival day. Sounds great!

Our arrival day tradition is pretty simple, but we always have to go to Epcot on arrival day. We take the earliest flight into Florida, arrive in Disney around 9-10 am depending on the flight, hope our room is ready so we can dump our stuff off and rush over to Epcot. If our room isn’t ready we might go to Disney Springs to get something to eat but eventually, we find our way to Epcot!

We usually try to enjoy the hotel we're staying at for a bit (pool, get a drink, eat) and then maybe going to Disney Springs.

We usually arrive at night, so we unpack, watch Stacey Must Do's, and prep for the following morning's rope drop.

We keep it simple. We stop by the hotel shop or food court and get a Mickey Bar to eat on the way to the room. Not allowed to find the room without one.

Now that I think about it...Disney is the only trip we take that we don’t have arrival day traditions.
Anywhere else we go, we do.
Next trip, I will come up with something & keep it going for the next 50 years, thanks @TooBoyz4us

we normally stay epcot hotels- greg in mid day- and it's unpacking, swimming for the kids,,,and some liquid therapy for the driver of the past two days......However a few years back we stayed at the GF- went into the MK JUST for the Parade and Wishes- kinda a cool thing- not being worried bout ANYTHING but that...woul do again...

We arrive quite late, so usually just dinner at the resort QS, unpacking and bed.

We normally stay at MK hotels and head straight to Main Street USA on arrival day! From Main Street its off to Pirates. Pirates is our must ride every time we are in the Magic Kingdom. We will even book our trip around a Pirates refurb. Yup we are a bit nutspirate:

We usually arrive late morning, early afternoon. For us, it's an afternoon at the pool followed by dinner at Disney Springs. There are so many new restaurants there at it's like a new adventure every time!

We
We tend to have a lazy first day. We fly from the UK and usually land around 3pm but we're normally pretty tired by the time we get there. Our tradition is getting a massive pepperoni pizza from all star sports food court for me and dh to share... Or more like I have a couple of slices and he demolishes the rest of it! Then we get an early night ready for a full park day the next day.

We also fly from the U.K. but I’m darned if I’m gonna waste them three fast passes! We usually end up in Epcot around 7 pm so tired but we always do Spaceship Earth and Soarin, have a beer and a burger, then go back to our resort, collapse into bed and wake at 2am with the jet lag! I always wander the resort until 5 am then we get showered and head to Magic Kingdom until late morning then head back to the resort for a long nap! Oh and we are not exactly spring chickens!

We traditionally arrive early and hit MK on the first day. Our last trip DH decided getting up before the sun to drive 2 hours to the airport and then fly was not conducive to a relaxing vacation so we arrived later. We hung around POR, had dinner in DS, let the kids hit the pool, it was actually pretty nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter