Do you have any pleasant memories with strangers?

yesty

Earning My Ears
I know that many of you have had enjoyable interactions with the cast members. I wonder if any of you have fond recollections of encounters with other visitors (who were total strangers)? After all, Disney is a place of magic...

Absolutely ! I've made so many Disney friends as a solo Disney adult.
Now these are from Disneyland since I'm on the west coast but can happen anywhere !

Did a Disney after dark event and almost didn't go due to having anxiety that day and feeling unworthy.
Decided to go and while waiting in line to take pics with Ludwig Von Drake and Cruella , Ducktales theme song was playing by a band and we started rocking out together. We ended up both being solo so spent the entire even together. We have remained friends on Instagram and talk daily ! We even spent the last part of the night doing karaoke with "Don't stop Believin' " by Journey. It was amazing.

Last month while at Disneyland waiting for the return og Magic Happens parade , I bought the dining package and had some awesome people sit next to me. Turns out they live 30 minutes from me in the SF bay area. We talked for the 45 minutes we waited , had an amazing time together and found out we all were going to princess nite the next day too.
They were a newly engaged couple and so sweet ! Then a wonderful lady sitting on their far end was listening to all my Disney expertise as it happens often , usually at Trader Sam's , lol , and we all took a selfie and shared our Instagram accounts and again talk daily too!

Then the next day randomly stopped into a shop and a lovely lady complimented my disney dress and ears for the food and wine festival going on. I told her I loved her shaved ice ears from Aulani and her and her boyfriend's shirts. We sat talking for over an HOUR in the store sharing stories ! Again we are connected on Instagram and hugged "goodbye" probably four times and are planning to meet up again in the future !

As a Disney childfree adult who travels so 99% of the time , who battles severe depression and anxiety in public , Disney brings people together. :)

I know that many of you have had enjoyable interactions with the cast members. I wonder if any of you have fond recollections of encounters with other visitors (who were total strangers)? After all, Disney is a place of magic...
We did one time.
It seems like we were always behind or in front of a certain couple that we got to know and chat with. It was really funny because we weren't trying to do that. We'd look around and they would see us too and start laughing.
We even sat on a bench and chatted for a while.

After our vacation was over, that same couple made it a point to come visit us at our resort in N. Mn! They were visiting in the area and stopped in. It was so nice to see them again. But sadly, we have sold the resort and lost track of them.

These incidents were totally random and no one was stalking the other. It just happened all the time at a couple of the parks.

I generally wear a lanyard loaded with pins when out and about at WDW but didn't much on our last stay in fall '21. Very few people were wearing them, and I decided why bother.

On one of our last days, I loaded my Mickey and Walt pins onto a lanyard and wore it to Beaches and Cream lunch because I was running out of time to enjoy wearing one at WDW.

Our table was next to that of a young couple with two cute girls probably about 4 and 6 or 7 who I noticed were eyeing my pins.

As we were nearly finished eating, their dad leaned over and asked if I traded pins, explaining the girls were trying to get a start trading but hadn't found anyone to trade with yet. Naturally, I forgot where I'd stuck my pouch of pins for trading so just told them which on my lanyard I didn't want to trade and let them choose.

They each shyly chose a pin and offered me a couple pins I really did want. We had a great time chatting about favorite characters and what pins we each wanted most to collect.

That experience reminded me that sometimes you must put yourself out there a bit to find others who share your interests and for the magic to find you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter