Do you have any questions in advance that I can try & find the answer for you at WDW?

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
I know a lot of people post and ask if anyone has questions after returning from a trip to Walt Disney World.

I thought that I would let you ask me a question that you were curious about before I go on my trip, that I may be able to physcially find out and answer for you while on my visit to WDW.

I'll be driving to WDW late Friday night, so if you post before 2000, Friday, May 6, 2005, then I will see your question and write it down. I won't have computer access while on vacation. So when I get back, I'll try to answer your questions.

My main experience will be a mobility issue. I can walk, but not long distances. So having a scooter to get everywhere will be a new experience for me, and I am really looking forward to it.

I will be renting a scooter for my entire trip, and I will be documenting my experiences in getting about WDW.

Almost all of my new experiences will be outside of the WDW parks, but still in WDW.

Like using all of the WDW transportation buses, boat launches, monorail, and ferryboat to visit all of the parks, resorts, etc..

I hope to quickly learn how to drive the scooter on to and off of the WDW buses, so that I won't get any other passengers on the bus upset for holding up the bus. I know that it shouldn't make any difference, but I just don't like to see people upset and angry. Of course, I don't like seeing very tired parents yelling at their very tired children either.

I also want to experience all of the out of the park experiences.

I'll be staying in a studio at OKW, and I am looking forward to taking my time and touring literally every square inch of OKW.

I am looking forward to taking my scooter from OKW, along the trail to the Sarasota Springs Resort and then to Downtown Disney and then to MK to see the MK Spectromagic parade and Wishes fireworks on my first day. I hope the battery hold up...lol. I'm not kidding.

Of course, I want to take my time and tour every inch of Epcot and enjoy all of the flowers on display at this time of year.

I will also tour POR and POFR sidewalks along the river, and the different paths at POR, and the Old Man Island.

I also want to walk around the lake at CBR and CSR. And along the sidewalks under and around most of the monorail from the transportation center, Poly, the wedding pavilion, GF, MK, and CR.

And try and explore Wilderness Campground, and the various trails inside the complex and to WL resort. I might want to see what the movie night is like and the marshmellow cookout is like and the petting zoo.

And visit and walk around and see all of the icons at Pop Century and all of the All Star resorts.

And the Boardwalk area around the lake to see the different resorts, and the trail to MGM.

And visit the water parks and maybe use the lazy river at Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach.

Oh, and of course, all of the parks...lol.

So I will try and remember to document my experiences using a scooter at WDW.

Do you have any specific questions that I can try and answer for you while I am there?

I am limited in my experiences as a person that will be using a scooter for the mobility problem of not being able to walk long distances. So, I can walk, but the scooter will relieve some of the pain of standing, walking, and shortness of breath.

I can't wait.

So if you have a question that I can find an answer for you, just list the question here and I will try find an answer to it.

Sincerely, Ray

We just got back less than a month ago. Hope you have a great time.

Ray, hope you have a great trip.

I have no questions, but I would like to hear of your experiences. Reading your first post and this one, you sound very excited about being able to experience WDW in a new way, and seem to be looking forward to it.

Have a wonderful trip, Ray. :sunny:

If you start to run low on "juice," don't hesitate to ask CMs about a place to recharge.

I'm looking forward to your reports. WDW is so full of delights outside of the parks and it will be fun to read of your experiences.

Have a blast! :wizard:

My question, after reading your plans, is how many weeks are you staying? :rotfl: Seriously, have a great trip.

Nanajo1 said:
My question, after reading your plans, is how many weeks are you staying? :rotfl: Seriously, have a great trip.

One week. I was very lucky to exchange a timeshare into the Disney timeshare for a studio at Old Key West resort. Super deal. I couldn't pass it up.

I always over plan...lol...but with the scooter, I don't think that I will have to worry about getting from point A to point B.

And I have never, in a relaxed mode, been able to do any of these things outside of the park.

Sometimes just getting to the park to rent a ECV seemed like a daunting task.

BCV23 said:
Have a wonderful trip, Ray. :sunny:

If you start to run low on "juice," don't hesitate to ask CMs about a place to recharge.

I'm looking forward to your reports. WDW is so full of delights outside of the parks and it will be fun to read of your experiences.

Have a blast! :wizard:

Thank you, I always try and plan to write a trip report and then it fizzles after a day or two...lol. I'm on a mission this time, so I'll try harder.

I can't wait.

Sincerely, Ray

SyracuseWolvrine said:
Ray, hope you have a great trip.

I have no questions, but I would like to hear of your experiences. Reading your first post and this one, you sound very excited about being able to experience WDW in a new way, and seem to be looking forward to it.

Thank you for your good wishes.

Sincerely, Ray

could u try and get a picture of the water wheelchair at akl if you go there to visit? would like to see what it looks like before i go in 2 yrs :earsgirl: :earboy2:

lovespoohbear said:
could u try and get a picture of the water wheelchair at akl if you go there to visit? would like to see what it looks like before i go in 2 yrs :earsgirl: :earboy2:

I would love to get a picture for you.

Is this a wheelchair for getting in the pool?

yes. i am not going to wdw for 2 years but trying to find out a lot of things to make my trip the best i can

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter