Do you have any scars ? where and why

The most noticeable scar is on my face. Left lower eyelid down to the cheekbone. I was trying to open a door and fell off the landing, face first onto two snow shovels. I was four. I also have a small scar on my forehead from that one.

Several on my scalp from various falls.

Horseshoe shaped scar on my pinkie from pushing trash down and not knowing there was broken glass in the can.

Long scar on my thumb from attempting to cut cheese.

Small scar on the back of my hand from falling over pieces of carpet that were out on the patio.

C-Section scar

And I’m sure there are a million others I either don’t know about or remember. I was always told my middle name is klutz.

I have a few... My most memorable ones are
  • The one on my middle finger that I got when I was six. We were at Disneyland and a man dropped his cigarette over the side of the Carousel of Progress pavilion and it landed right on my left middle finger where I got an immediate blister. Funny thing is I didn't even tell anyone when it happened. I just looked up and saw him and the lit cigarette on the ground.
  • The scar on the back of my thigh that I got when I was nine where our next-door-neighbor's German Shepherd bit me (9 stitches). My fault. Our neighbor's fence was open and I went to close it for them. The dog was protecting his backyard. I booked it out of there when he saw me and, of course, my 9-yr old legs couldn't outrun that dog. He caught me on the sidewalk in front of their house.
  • My favorite is the one that I got when I was 24 and climbing up the stairs to a tower at the Alcazar in Segovia, Spain. The winding stairs were narrow and as some people came down and passed me I moved out of the way and this gnarly wire that was holding a window shut scraped the heck out of my arm.
upload_2018-7-31_22-43-29.png

Each knee has a knee replacement scar
3 c-section scars
Airbag scars from car accident

On my stomach - an 8” scar from gall bladder and appendix surgery in 1977

On my neck - 3” scar from thyroid surgery in 2003

On my face - tiny white scar from skin cancer removal about 2 years ago

I have one on my lip that is barely noticeable anymore, from a poodle biting me when I was a kid. I was laying on the floor watching TV and the dog walked up and bit me! It was my aunt's dog and mean as a hornet. She never would believe I didn't do anything to the dog.

I have another one on my hand from a cat scratching me. I don't remember why or even what cat it was.

DD has a small dent like scar on her forehead. I was mopping the bathroom floor and she walked up behind me just as I was bringing the mop back and WHAM. There was no cut, no blood, no real pain (other than the shock that mom just hit her with the mop!) But 16 years later she still has that little dent.

Scar on my right hand from a burn I suffered in 7th grade Home Ec. I was washing dishes and somebody put a hot pan into the sink my hands were in.

Scar on the side of my left index finger I got from cutting myself while trying to open a cassette from one of those dumb old cassette security holder plastic thingies. On Christmas morning. I think it was an Aerosmith cassette.

Scar under my chin from when I swam face first into the wall of a pool when I was four years old.

Polio vaccine scar.

Scar on the back of my right calf where I got sliced open by a bare spring sticking out of our old mattress.

I have a c section scar, gall bladder scar, scars on both knees from knee replacements that are hardly noticeable any more, a scar on my thumb from the of a tuna can, and a couple of chicken pox marks.

I have several but my favorite is my battle scar. Riding my bike when I was 10, chased and bit by a Standard Poodle. Still kind of afraid of frisky big dogs.

Two c-section scars.
One scar on my right hip from hip replacement.
Two scars on neck. One on front and one on back of neck, from fusion surgery.
Three tiny scars from gall bladder surgery.

I am probably the only the only one that notices them. Either they have faded or my eyesight has gotten worse. I have one on my pinkie where I grabbed a vent of some kind and got cut. Have to hold it just right in the light to see where that is. I have one on the back of my hand where I managed to cut myself with a Rubbermaid tub a couple years ago. It is almost gone now completely. I have had a few of those that stay around for years and then fade away. I had a few chickenpox scars, but I cannot even find them anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter