• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you have, or have you, a gun/guns in your home?

Do you have, or have you, a gun/guns in your home?

• Yes, I have a gun/guns

• Yes, I did, but not anymore

• No, I would never want any in my home

• No, but I might one day

• other, add any comments

Results are only viewable after voting.
I had several guns in our house for years, but I was a police officer then and they were just tools of the trade and I always had one on me. No need for one now, so no guns around now.

Like I said, they are just tools. Heck, I've seen people killed by a ball point pen.

When was the last time you saw a child die of an accidental penning? ;) Same with the bleach, the garbage bags, etc.? Yes, it happens, but not 4000 times a year. Guns are tools, but they are lethal tools.

Yes, I do have guns in the house. I lost interest in hunting some years ago and either sold or gave my grandson my rifles and hunting shotguns before moving to Florida. My grandson is a United States Marine, so it wasn't like giving guns to a tyke.

I still have a defensive shotgun and four handguns, all for defensive reasons. I live in a community where they are not all that necessary, but you never know. Occasionally, my travels take me to or through areas where I feel better having a little protection along.

I am not a big fan of guns or having them in my home, but have friends who have lots of guns in their homes. It's a way of life in terms of hunting for food and protecting yourself from bears in some spots around here. I can envision owning a gun and having it in my home if I lived along a bear pathway.

No no no no NO. I grew up in the middle of hell and still never had a need for one and never will. I'm too volatile!! :furious:

its in the constitution and should be kept, just not sold to crazy people. not that now adays we abide to the original constitution at all :worried:

Nope, it's illegal to own one here without a license (and those licenses are difficult to get - you have to prove that you have a 'good reason' for owning a gun - sporting or work, basically). There's a whole bunch of paperwork too, you need references, have an interview, where you keep the gun has to be inspected and so on. If you've been to jail, it's a flat out NO, no matter what. There are still too many guns around.

I will never have one in my house, and I do not knowingly go into houses where there are guns or befriend people who own them.

Yes. I own a few. I grew up hunting and shooting with my dad. All are locked up safe :)

Yes we do. One handgun and my husband has a shotgun and a rifle. Our 4 kids have been taught gun safety. We are responsible gun owners.

I own several. I used to hunt before I got married. Now I live in the big city and keep them around for 'just in case' purposes.

... I have no desire to have anything other than a casual acquaintaince with anyone who owns guns.

I would never pass judgement on those who do NOT own a gun, the same courtesy would be nice. ;)

Oh well. A lot of us are really nice people. Your loss.

:thumbsup2

I have several and my kids know the rules about them.

DH owns a shotgun, but it is not kept in our house. We do have a sword in our bedroom that we can use on intruders.

We don't have any in our house because we don't have a need for one. My DH is not a hunter, and I have never felt that we needed one for protection. However, I grew up around them. We had shotguns in the corner by the front and back doors. My father took us target shooting with a .22 and would have taught me to use a shotgun if I had been so inclined. We were taught gun safety and we knew enough to keep our hands off them. They were no big deal, and they weren't "forbidden fruit" so we never bothered with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter