Do you have people who have died still on your contact list

Oddly enough, someone I knew back in Chicago just died two days ago. It made the news because he used to write for SNL. We’re still friends on FB. His wife is also a well-known Chicago performer and I suspect she’ll leave his FB profile up/active as a sort of memorial.

It’s always strange when someone you know dies. It reminds you to only concentrate on the important things in life. When people disappoint or let you down, just let it go. Easier said than done sometimes but hopefully I’m better at that than I used to be.

Yes, my aunt and my brother. My aunt passed away five years ago this week. My brother will be gone a year in October.

My address book (old school I know) is full of friends and family who have passed. It is somewhat nostalgic to look at it now and then and remember these people and what they meant to us.

Yes, I do, including a former children's choir girl and daughter's friend who died her senior year. She would have been 21 last November.

Not on my phone but I have an old fashioned phone book on paper that has a number of them. To be honest, I only have it because there are notes in the back that I don't want to transfer to electronic forms, hints for passwords, etc. I don't mark them off just because I really don't look at it except maybe once a year and only go to the back where the notes are. I deleted my Mama's phone number off my phone about 3 years after she died. I do still have both my parents birthday's on my calendar though but I don't have their death dates. I don't even know those dates since it's days I don't want to remember.

Nope, no phone contacts who have passed away. I do have several that I just put in first names and can't remember who they are. Usually this is someone I drove as a volunteer at one time so it was useful to have their number saved.

My Dad died 10 years ago and he is still on mine. This seems to be the one thing I can't get rid of. My Dad kept A LOT of stuff. I nearly kept all of it right after he died. I've been able to purge quite a bit. I've kept the important stuff, with just a few of the insignificant things left over. His cell number will probably be the last to go of the insignificants.

Yes MIl & contrary to most DIS posts loved her & she loved/liked me lol. We also downloaded her vm message. Honestly still miss been a year.
My parents never had cells but I do have the home number loaded. It was before vm, machines back then.

Yep, I still have my parents' cell phones and landline number saved in my contacts. Mom died in 2012 and Dad in 2015.

I still have my best friend who died 8 years ago and my brother who died 5 years ago. My parents both died before cell phones came into play but I still remember our old landline number

My mother's number is there and the phone is still connected just in case someone hasn't heard.

It gives me a sort of comfort to ask Siri or Sync to dial my sister's landline number. I know that my BIL or one of her kids will answer, but I still like to ask for her number to be dialed. She's been gone almost 6 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter