• Controversial Topics Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

Do you hold a Dis grudge?

^ Agree with Goofy Disney Dad above. I'm not sure I would call it holding a grudge but there are posters that I've characterized in certain ways and expect their posts to be sterotypical; they almost never surprise me. Of course, the same could probably be said about me!

There's really only one DIS'er that I find utterly insufferable and I now simply don't ever post in a thread he gets anywhere near. If he posts in a discussion I'm already involved in, I'm done.

No.

I try to account for the fact that the written message can be read many different ways and often not the way it was intended to be read. And without the benefit of tone or body language, often can seem harsher or more opinionated than the writer may intend. I know I will go back and read some of mine later and ask myself "what the hell were you trying to say" so I will take the opportunity now to apologize to anybody I may have offended.

I think reporting people, unless they are extremely out of line like threatening somebody, is absolutely ridiculous and rather immature. People have different opinions. Even if you are so against their opinion and would argue it till the world ends, they are still entitled to their opinion. And you have to remember that they think just as strongly that your opinion is wrong too. I can say I have never yet found somebody so over the line that I would feel the need to report them.

Last edited:
No, but there are some posters I can never see eye to eye on no matter what the issue might be. I have to step away from those hot threads. It is clearly split down party lines.

I can't remember who posts what, so I don't get mad or hold grudges. Hopefully, nobody has ever held a grudge against me!! I'm really very nice and try to stay away from controversial threads (or at least refrain from commenting). My DH sometimes hears my opinions about DIS topics, though. I just don't write anything out.

No....but one I steer clear of!!! On the flip side there are some posters that I can relate to well and are drawn to them. I find that my take on issues is similar to theirs.

It seems you can read the title of a thread and almost know immediately who will be posting and what stance they will take before reading the first line. I get the impression that there are a few here who just enjoy taking the unpopular side of the issue just to get people going. I'm not sure how I feel about that honestly though.

I don't really make an effort to remember who said what. I'm amazed when people obsessively follow that stud.

I don't really make an effort to remember who said what. I'm amazed when people obsessively follow that stud.

You know what amazes me ? Its when people recognize a writing style or personality within a persons posts and thinks its a reincarnated poster or someone who remembers something someone posted from years ago and calls the poster on it.

I cant remember what i ate for dinner yesterday

You know what amazes me ? Its when people recognize a writing style or personality within a persons posts and thinks its a reincarnated poster or someone who remembers something someone posted from years ago and calls the poster on it.

What is really amazing is how many times they are correct. I know I don't have that skill but a few here seem to.

Last edited:
No. There use to be one person I dreaded seeing responses from but they are gone. It wasn't a grudge but I think this person every time would be one of those people to turn the entire post against the poster. It was annoying because she would start and they everyone else would jump on the bandwagon.

Nope. Even though I might disagree with a user on one subject, I might totally agree with them on another. So I'm not going to dislike someone because of one dissimilar opinion.

Not really a grudge, but she is gone now and hasn't posted in quite some time. She may post under a new name but we would realize who it was. During the first campaign of our current POTUS, this woman was obsessed in dogging the man on everything he did. That is all she posted about, not her fun times, her family, sharing photos, her planning of Disney trip, not a trip she went on. She reported me a couple of times and I received points and was banned from the "dis" back then for awhile.

I can't really remember posters here unless they've stood out in some way to me.

Most people I'll remember until they change their avatar, and then I can't place them all over again.

There's few posters I'm just not fond of, but it's more how/what they say, not that their opinions are different.

I am another who does not hold a grudge, but does recall many posters and their styles and former opinions and that colors how I might react to what they say in any one thread (just like in real life, nothing is in a vacuum and I might question an acquaintance whose story does not line up, or is always the victim, or whatnot).

I've never put anyone on ignore; I like to see different opinions and feel even those who might be driving me crazy most of the time have something valuable to offer.

There are posters I tend to agree with, posters I really respect (whether I agree with them or not, much has to do with presentation), posters I dislike, posters I roll my eyes at, etc--but they all contribute to the conversation and I like that variety.
I think every poster who posts enough and with a unique enough style that I recognize them has been someone I have agreed with at least once--even Art1; and that is rare, but it happened lol

I usually don't pay attention to user names so I never remember who said what.

There was one particular poster who I did remember. She was a lawyer and boy could you tell. Have never seen a more argumentative person.

This amazes me too! If someone calls a poster on something I might 'kind of' remember something about it but to tie a post from a long time ago to a recent and specific poster means someone has a way better memory than I do!

It seems you can read the title of a thread and almost know immediately who will be posting and what stance they will take before reading the first line. I get the impression that there are a few here who just enjoy taking the unpopular side of the issue just to get people going. I'm not sure how I feel about that honestly though.

Uh huh, uh huh, and that's the way some like it.. Uh huh, Uh huh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter