Do you like Hummus?

Do you enjoy Hummus?

• Yes!

Votes: 83 74.8%
  • Not at all.

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • It's just OK.

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Never tried it, but I'm going to participate in the poll anyway.

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
Restaurant hummus is the best hummus, for sure.
But the brand that @Mysterian posted (Sabra) is really good. I also like the classic one from Trader Joes...Most other ones are so bland and flavorless imo.
If your home town has a good mediterranean/middle eastern restaurant it's almost guaranteed they'll have good hummus.

I think Sabra is terrible. I've tried it so many times, and many different flavors. And the one from TJs. Don't like it either. I told you I was a hummus snob.
:rotfl:

I do like it, but rarely ever buy it. I have not tried making it myself. I do make pasta ceci (pasta with chick peas) though!

Yes! My family has been enjoying it for years. Restaurant ones are the best but Wegmans house one is pretty darn close and the new favorite with their carrot chips as a nice healthy dip. Sabra is good with the red pepper, we loved Shoprite's one with the olives and Josephs too with pita or nacho chips., we'll have it as a side dish or as a supplement giving a lunch salad a little more substance.

Recently discovered Cannellini Bean Hummus in restaurants is outstanding with nice bread.

I've honestly thought about making some but now I know...probably more hassle than worth!
It's really not as long as you have a food processor. It takes less than 5 minutes to make if you use canned chickpeas. (Even dry is pretty easy if you have a instant pot)

We always have homemade hummus in the fridge. I usually make more than one flavor at once so we have two containers to choose from at any time, but our "standard" hummus has a good scoop of pesto in it (plus the regular tahini, lemon, etc). That has always been the kids' favorite to take for lunches or a snack. We also enjoy curry, buffalo, za'atar.

As somone highly allergic to sesame, I kind of hate how popular and ubiquitous hummus has become. It's made with tahini, which is basically ground sesame paste and the idea of it in restaurant kitchens makes me nervous.
To be fair, there are a lot of other ingredients in restaurant kitchens that others may be severely allergic to and worry about cross-contamination. That said, I think it's popularity actually makes it more common to see other varieties since chefs are experimenting. I have seen lots of hummus in restaurants that does not contain any tahini, is made with cannellini beans, etc.

My usual go-to is Sabra Classic. However, I'm not adverse to trying the flavored varieties. The Garlic one intrigues me.
sabra%3Amediumretina
Sabra is great! The garlic one is yummy!

I love hummus but have to make my own since I’m allergic to garlic (and found out by eating hummus oddly enough). It’s not really that hard to make as long as you have enough liquid.

I love it. I could eat it every day. I am a hummus snob though. I can't eat store bought hummus, has to be from an actual Mediterranean restaurant. The store bought stuff is crap compared to restaurant made.
Yeah, well, it just so happens that I buy mine from Mediterranean Walmart.

Not sure how I feel about the olive flavor. I wouldn’t mind trying it, but I doubt I’d really like it.

Hearing here what flavors everyone likes, I looked up top sellers. Seems the roasted red pepper, garlic, and plain, are among the favorites.

I had never tried it until a few years ago, so wanted to see what all the fuss was about. It's okay, texturally it's a little off putting to me. I did try making my own roasted red pepper version, that was interesting. Why are they called both chickpeas and garbanzo beans? I did notice that the last few times I had chickpeas they did not sit well with me. I got a serious stomach ache so I've avoided them ever since.

I had never tried it until a few years ago, so wanted to see what all the fuss was about. It's okay, texturally it's a little off putting to me. I did try making my own roasted red pepper version, that was interesting. Why are they called both chickpeas and garbanzo beans? I did notice that the last few times I had chickpeas they did not sit well with me. I got a serious stomach ache so I've avoided them ever since.
Garbanzo is Spanish for chickpea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter