Do you like the turn-down chocolates on DCL?

How do you (and your family) feel about the chocolates on DCL?

• Love them! I wish we got more (and/or I request more)

Votes: 44 45.4%
  • They’re okay. We eat them here & there

Votes: 39 40.2%
  • We never or rarely eat them

Votes: 14 14.4%

• Total voters

leannak

DIS Veteran
I’m curious about how much everyone likes the chocolates that are placed on the beds with turn-down service on Disney Cruises.

We usually take some home with us because I don’t want to eat them at night. DH eats them at night about 1/2 the time. We do enjoy them. I think we have the gold coins in my little candy dish on my desk right now.

Last edited:
We take them home as well. I believe the current ones are Dove chocolate. They're much better than the 'Sleepy dwarf' no brand chocolate we had on our first DCL cruise in 2016. The 2018 ones were Ghirardelli. And our 2022 and 2023 were Dove

We like Dove anyway. I usually bring most of them home so that I can enjoy a little magic when the trip is over. It's a little reminder of the wonderful time I had and will hopefully have again.

What’s not to like, they’re Dove 🙂

We bring them home with us to enjoy slowly - we just ate the last of our Alaska chocolates from last June 😆 just in time, we board the Magic in 3 weeks

Another one that brings them home but do eat them slowly. Bring a bag just for this.

Even when the kids were small they never ate them or wanted them. We always have late dinner so we’re full and had to much other food we could eat during the day.

Another vote for "I love them but I bring them home"! We love them, but there is so much food on the ship that we end up popping them in a bag and eating them at home - just the right size for a little chocolate fix, and a reminder of our trip.

DH eats them. The last cruise all of a sudden we had tons of candy. I was wondering where they came from and DH said the room steward asked if we liked them. DH admitted to eating them as a afternoon snack and suddenly we had plenty.

I love every aspect of the turn down service. It really makes the whole DCL experience stand out. I remember our first RCL cruise in 2022 had turn down service. That cabin steward was truly exceptional - sometimes he would make the bed three times a day, and was always attentive.

It really made us feel like cruising was a superior experience to many other vacations, and is one of the reasons why we have become hooked. RCL no longer offers that practice outside of suites, and that is one of the reasons why we book on DCL.

I wanted to say we loved them, but I can't truthfully say that we wish we got more. We usually ate them the next day, as an afternoon snack, because at bedtime we were still full of dessert from dinner.

I always find it cheap that they use inexpensive chocolate for turndown.

Always those moments at headquarters where someone hints “we could give our guests fine and gourmet chocolate for turndown”, someone else wave “great idea, what about getting an inexpensive one BUT look we'll print our logo on the packaging they'll love it” and everyone cheers happily “long live cost killing”.

We also take them home. They serve as a reminder of our last cruise. I think of the last batch, our granddaughter ate one from our room on the cruise and my wife ate most of the rest at home. All I got was one of the gold coins.

We just gather them and give them away at home. Even our 4 year old doesn’t like them. They’re too sweet. In contrast the dove dark? Mickey bars at the resort gift shops are really good. They need to have better quality chocolates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter