• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you own a blender, food processor or both?

Which appliance do you own?

• I own a blender

• I own a food processor

• I own both

• I own a food processor and use it as a blender too

Results are only viewable after voting.

TupperMom7

DIS Veteran
My blender bit the dust. I was trying to use it for grinding up chocolate, which I have done before, but I think I overtaxed it and it died. I don't own a food processor and now I don't own a blender! :confused3

I'd like to get a food processor, can they be used like a blender or will I need to buy both? What kind to you have and do you like it? What features do you wish it had? :surfweb:

I own both but rarely use the blender (my DD uses it for fruit smoothies). I am constantly using the food processor though. It's a smaller size Kitchen Aide.

Usually don't post here...clicked on Budget instead of Families board, but since I'm here...

Have you considered a Magic Bullet.

I got mine when I made my own baby food, but I know find myself using it more than the blender OR food processor.

I own both. I only use my blender for smoothies once in a while. I use my food processor almost every day.

I own both, but have only used my (large) food processor maybe three times in the 12 years I've owned it. Too much work. I now use my mini processor to make baby food. I use the blender close to weekly.

I own a combo unit that has a blender top and food processor top. I couldn't give up the counter space to have to units and really wanted to buy a mixer lol.

I can say it works well we are a small family but if your cooking in larger quantities I'd go for a full size unit.

I own a Kitchen Aid blender & a Kitchen Aid food processor. The food processor does a great job with liquids- I use it to make gazpacho- but I've never tried to make smoothies in it. I do find it difficult to get the bowl seated in exactly the right position, and it won't turn on unless it's "just so". That's definitely annoying and I probably would have bought the Cuisinart instead.

I have both. The food processor is great for dry things. But, if you get anything wet above the steel knife blade, it leaks. I use both of mine very often.

Any recommendations for the best machine for making daquiris? We have burned out two blenders crushing the ice when making them. :eek:

I've got a gift card to Bed, Bath and Beyond, but I'm not sure what to buy. We also like to make milkshakes.

I would rather have a food processor than a blender. Blenders are only good for making beverages IMO.

A food processor does a much better job at cutting things. It's much harder to overtax - the chocolate would have been no problem for a quality food processor. Any recipe that says "mix in a blender or food processor" will always be easier with the processor.

You would have to buy both if you want to do pure liquids like soups and smoothies. You can't use a food processor for those.

I use the food processor for stuff like making almond flour, grinding/mixing meat for meatballs, shredding potatoes on Chanukkah for making latkes, making pesto, etc. You can get all sorts of different graters/shredders/mixing attachments for a food processor.

I'm 25, and my mother has a Cuisinart brand processor that is older than me and still works great! A couple of years ago, she gave me a Cusinart processor and I love it! I hope it lasts as long as hers!

I just realized that I have 5:scared1:. I have a large processor, mini-processor, blender, a smoothie maker, and I have a hand blender. I love the cuisinart processor but do not keep it out so pulling it out becomes a big deal. I tend to use the little one if I can because it is easier. I never ever use the blender. I use the smoothie machine occassionally, only to make smoothies but I have to confess I love having the pour spout and I got it for $19 so I think it was worth it. The number one thing that I have been using it the Braun hand blender. It is great for soups and anything i want to blend/chop right in the pan. If I had to limit myself I would get a big processor and a hand blender. I would keep the processor on the counter and the two would do anything.

Any recommendations for the best machine for making daquiris? We have burned out two blenders crushing the ice when making them. :eek:

I've got a gift card to Bed, Bath and Beyond, but I'm not sure what to buy. We also like to make milkshakes.

Not a budget item, but we went to Costco one day and they were demoing the blendtec. It is a great machine and great with ice or anything. I used it daily when the baby was still eating baby food and it worked great. I heard you can actually take rice and make rice flour - it is that good!

Not a budget item, but we went to Costco one day and they were demoing the blendtec. It is a great machine and great with ice or anything. I used it daily when the baby was still eating baby food and it worked great. I heard you can actually take rice and make rice flour - it is that good!

I would agree - my BIL bought one for my IL's this Christmas - they love it - say it's the best blender ever. It made the smoothest Grasshoppers on Christmas Eve - no chunks of ice:)

I have three.

A Oster two-speed blender that I bought back in 1968 and it still works very well.

A Cuisinart full-size food processer that is more than 25 years old, and

A smaller Cuisinart "Little Pro" food processor/chopper

It would appear by your username that you have at least five children. How have you made it without a food processor all these years???? :upsidedowI have a family of eight and I am telling you that because I cook so much, my large Kitchenaid food processor is used a minimum of once per day. I use my blender only occasionally--for salad dressing, smoothies and shakes. Want a pot of stew? Peel your carrots and potatoes (slice the potatoes long ways into fourths) and run them all through the food processor with the thick slicing blade. Boom--done! Next run your washed celery through with the thin slicing blade. Peel your onions, chop in half and blend with the serrated knife blade. Kids don't like the chunks in canned whole tomatoes or stewed tomatoes? Puree them with the knife blade. Want to add chicken but all you have are boneless, skinless, frozen breasts? Steam them in a covered frying/saute pan and once they soften--run them through the processor with the thick slice blade.

I seriously use my processor like this every day! It is the absolute most important tool that I have in my kitchen!! Go get one!:thumbsup2

I use both. I use the blender for smoothies and shakes and the processor for more solid type foods that needw fine chopping, such as the salsa I make.

We own a Food Processor and a Blender - both are KitchenAid.

I use the blender more - my wife uses the food processor more - but we both use them fairly often.

More often than not I FORGET that I could chop vegetables in the food processor - I'll have to remember that!

Of all of my culinary skills - my knife skills show the least promise! :lmao:

One word... VitaMix!! It's worth every penny you'll spend on it....and it does everything....including making soup all the way to heated and ready to serve IN the VitaMix.....and bread ready to bake! It makes the BEST smoothies (and dacquiries :) ) and you don't have to do anything to the fruit besides take out/off inedible parts. You don't even have to take out the seeds and you'll never know they're in there. I felt really guilty when we bought ours last year. I have never regretted it and I use it almost everyday. Search around on the internet and read what people have said. You won't find too many bad things.

One word... VitaMix!! It's worth every penny you'll spend on it....and it does everything....including making soup all the way to heated and ready to serve IN the VitaMix.....and bread ready to bake! It makes the BEST smoothies (and dacquiries :) ) and you don't have to do anything to the fruit besides take out/off inedible parts. You don't even have to take out the seeds and you'll never know they're in there. I felt really guilty when we bought ours last year. I have never regretted it and I use it almost everyday. Search around on the internet and read what people have said. You won't find too many bad things.

:lmao:

HAHA WOW - :scared1:
The VitaMix is like the holy grail of blenders! :worship:

Did you finance it?!?!

WOW - I'd love to own one - I've heard the smoothies are the absolute BEST - and that they make quick work of frozen drinks!

LOL WOW

Are you a DVC member? If you are - party at your Villa!!! I'll bring the rum, pineapple juice and cream of coconut!

Sign DW up for the Orange Juice and Peach Schnapps! :laughing:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter