Do you play games (cards etc) with your teen kids

CAH is hilarious. :rotfl2: We played this game for the first time as a family over the holidays. Me, DH, DS 20 and DD 16. Some things I just couldn't bring myself to say in front of my 16 yr old daughter :blush: and some things I had to Google. o_O

Yep we love this game. We have a group that plays the usually involves a hodgepodge of ethnicities and sexual orientation.

We aren't huge game players, but do play on occasion with our young adult kids. When my kids are "home" here, there are some friends of theirs that they've had forever where we might be asked to join them in a game when they are visiting. However with most of their newer friends, from high school or college, we just stay out of the way except at meal time.

At my sister in law's house, she is always part of the party. Sometimes her now adult kids love it and sometimes they resent it. There were definitely periods of resentment in their teen years for that.

CAH is a definite no for us. Maybe if they wanted to play with just us (I can't imagine they would!) but never with them and their friends. One time at a family gathering with my husband's family people started playing. DH and I volunteered to be in the other room with the great nephews and niece. Both of our boys thanked us later. They said it got very awkward with their aunt and uncle!

Last edited:
NO....waah. I am a gamer, lol. I have forced them over the yrs and I did teach my younger dd Euchre.

I have played CAH with my kids when my dd got it for Christmas one yr.

We play games with our teenagers. Sometimes other people are so surprised when we mention it. My youngest DS is 15, and he's always suggesting a game after dinner. How can we say no to that? The funny thing is I'm not a competitive person so I never win. :)

Scrabble is the one we play most. We also play euchre, trivia, pictionary, etc. The trivia and pictionary games are so old that we really need updated versions. The boys play monopoly with their dad. We also have the Disney version. I'm not a huge fan of monopoly. We have a closet full of board games. Most of the others are only played once in awhile. The boys play Egyptian rat screw, flux and BS with their friends. DS taught us BS on New Year's Eve and it was fun.

When I saw you mention euchre I knew you had to be from the Midwest. I am from Indiana and when you go other places they are not familiar with euchre.

We are a gaming family. Our newest favorite is Heads Up. You can buy the board game or the app on phone or ipad. We have both and there are pros and cons to each. We like the board game when playing with younger kids because you can give them more time but like the app because you have way more options with decks although they do cost. I bought a 30 pack bundle on the app store for $16 but I figured that is essesntially the cost of a board game and it is portable and we play it often. For example, while in the car, waiting places, others homes, etc. My 16 year old boy and his friends play in the car and it is so fun to listen to them. We started playing it as a family and love it and played it with a large group on New Years Eve. Also, tried a new game on NYE called Telestrations. I didnt think I would like it as you draw pictures and I cannot draw. LOL. But actually that made it even more fun.

My kids love games. Actually, they played Cards Againt Humanity on Christmas Eve without us, not surprised they didn't want us joining in (that that we would've, if we had known).

Also, tried a new game on NYE called Telestrations. I didnt think I would like it as you draw pictures and I cannot draw. LOL. But actually that made it even more fun.

Telestrations is a lot of fun. We also got a new game this Christmas similar (and just as much fun) - it's called "Really Bad Art". You get 6 seconds to draw and the phrases are often really obscure, so it's hilarious what people come up with to draw.

Telestrations is a lot of fun. We also got a new game this Christmas similar (and just as much fun) - it's called "Really Bad Art". You get 6 seconds to draw and the phrases are often really obscure, so it's hilarious what people come up with to draw.
Telestratiins is our family's favorite! We are a family of 7, so it works well. We don't use the cards, just make up stuff, it's hysterical! I'm going to check out really bad art.

My kids are grown, so we all love Telestrations After Dark. Played New Year's Eve and have never laughed so much!

We have always played games with our sons; when the boys were in their teens and now late twenties and thirty. What's fun now is their wives all play, too. :)

Our newest favorite is Heads Up.
My dd16 go the game free on her iPhone near Thanksgiving - she mentioned something about it being free due to the Ellen Show. My dniece almost 4 had a great time "playing" along with us. The only issue I had with the phone game is I should have put on my glasses to see better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter