Do You Recommend Galactic Star Cruiser??

Rigby

Mouseketeer
Hi! Huge Star Wars fan and my wife just threw out the possibility of doing this for my 50th with her and my son who will be 11 at the time. What have Star Wars fans experiences been like? My kid doesn’t love the movies like I do but he’s big into drama and plays and think he might really get into it. Just curious what the honest reaction out there has been. Thanks for any and all info! :yay:

Cutting and pasting my brief review from mid-March on the main thread below. I don't like to generalize or speak for other people, but most reviews I've read so far tend to be pretty favorable. Of course it won't be for everyone, but for us it had a surprisingly high entertainment/fun value. Re-reading my post below I sort of cringe at the rah-rah hyperbole tone of it, but it captures how we were feeling right after our trip - it was just a really good overall experience, IMHO.

Recently back to my home planet. I’ll do a better review at some point later, but just wanted to quickly post that IMHO that was absolutely a fantastic experience…way beyond expectations. All of us (2 adults, kids 11 & 7) had a total blast. It’s hard to define “worth” as it’s so subjective, but that was easily some of the best $ I’ve spent at WDW in awhile. I’m frankly shocked I’m saying that as we’re not really Star Wars fans (it’s not that we’re not fans, just not the type that can recite canon), and I barely know what LARP means, but I do like fun experiences and entertainment (which is why we like destinations like WDW in the first place), and this was exactly that - tons of fun and incredibly entertaining. Oddly enough all four of us agree we would do it again at some point in the future.

Had not really followed reviews or spoilers so frankly walked in with an open mind to somewhat skeptical (hard not to be at the price), but the experience absolutely worked well for us. It’s really hard to even articulate as it touches on so many emotions and experiences. We’ve all been sitting here this morning talking about all the fun things that transpired over the journey.

Haven't been there but it is clearly the most expensive place to stay at Disney. Whether you think it is worth $2,500/person per day for a 2 day live/structured experience is probably a matter of budget, personal opinion & how big of a Star Wars fan you might be. Those who seem to be in the 'money is no object' crowd will likely be more positive about the experience.

I liked the original movies several years ago but lost interest in all of the new characters and sequels released since then. Having an entire hotel and part of one park dedicated to Star Wars could be risky in the future once the popularity fades. I would imagine they can only keep the storyline going for so long.

I think the feedback I read the most is that while it's enjoyable it's also exhausting, especially if you're deep into your character the entire time.

Thanks. I saw that thread. Think there might be too much info on there for me. I really don’t want any spoilers or to know too much. Just generally if it was liked and if those who’ve experienced it would give it the thumbs up and a strong recommendation.

I haven't gone, but I've been reading that thread, pretty much everyone who went said they enjoyed it. I've seen a few reviews on the internet (Disney Food Blog, The Points Guy) that were both quite positive.

Literally just “disembarked” from our trip on the Galactic Starcruiser today. I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone that is even just a passing fan of Star Wars. It’s really excellently done and I was very skeptical prior after seeing all the Disney videos/marketing beforehand.

For us it was definitely worth the high cost. It’s really something truly unique and special. The crew members onboard are just about as caring and passionate as you could possibly get, which makes the whole trip simply amazing.

It also looks so much better in person than anything I found online. The style is sleek while still maintaining that Star Wars vibe. do have a few recommendations that the other thread also covers.

Try not to have a firm idea of what it should be, instead enjoy it for the spectacle that it is.

Don’t hold back if you want to dress up or just keep things simple. You can choose to wear normal street clothes or go to the extreme cosplay route, you won’t feel out of place either way.

Also don’t hesitate to insert yourself into interactions with the cast of characters, you’ll be richly rewarded. It can really make you feel like a big part of the action. But observing is fun too if you’d rather be more passive!

A little bit though, given the high price of the experience, the pricing itself screens out all but those who are very eager to experience it and can afford it, similar to the opinions of those who buy other luxury items.

By the time someone buys that diamond, the decision has already been made that the diamond is worth the asking price.

My neighbors went and to keep it short, the members of his family that were SW nuts loved it said it was great, the others said that 1 night was enough for them. LOL

Last edited:
My neighbors went and to keep it short, the members of his family that were SW nuts loved it said it was great, the others said that 1 night was enough for them. LOL
They said the food was good but 2 of their 3 children didn't eat much of it, and they were a bit peeved that for paying all that $$$$ and food was not included.
I thought food WAS included?

Food is definitely all included, the only things that cost extra are alcohol and mocktails. Even besides the very plentiful offerings at breakfast/lunch/dinner, there are snack stations set up that have a wide assortment of options throughout the days and evenings.

Food is definitely all included, the only things that cost extra are alcohol and mocktails. Even besides the very plentiful offerings at breakfast/lunch/dinner, there are snack stations set up that have a wide assortment of options throughout the days and evenings.
Thanks for letting me know, he made it sound like it wasn't:( I will have to give him a hard time and find out what the heck he was talking about. I will edit message so no one else gets confused.

Hi! Huge Star Wars fan and my wife just threw out the possibility of doing this for my 50th with her and my son who will be 11 at the time. What have Star Wars fans experiences been like? My kid doesn’t love the movies like I do but he’s big into drama and plays and think he might really get into it. Just curious what the honest reaction out there has been. Thanks for any and all info! :yay:

You clearly have an AMAZING wife. 😁
I know this because my husband's 50th is in July and I just surprised him this weekend by telling him that we'll be on the Starcruiser for his birthday!

I was the #1 skeptic about this when all the media reviews came out about how awesome it was. But now a good number of people who have paid a lot of money to go have come back saying the same thing so I thought what the hell. He deserves an special gift for the 50th. I bet you do too. 😉

You clearly have an AMAZING wife. 😁
I know this because my husband's 50th is in July and I just surprised him this weekend by telling him that we'll be on the Starcruiser for his birthday!

I was the #1 skeptic about this when all the media reviews came out about how awesome it was. But now a good number of people who have paid a lot of money to go have come back saying the same thing so I thought what the hell. He deserves an special gift for the 50th. I bet you do too. 😉
I just read your reply to my wife. Thank you! I really do!!! And you’re amazing too! I think we’re in. Hope you and your husband have the best time ever! So happy this is delivering for the fans. :yay:

Absolutely, so long as you know before you shell out the $$ what you are getting into.

Food is definitely included. Food available all day and no one has to pay an extra dime for it. even your lunch on Batuu if you choose to go there, is included.

Just booked! They’re saying that booking for everyone opens on the 1st but I’m not Golden Oak or Club 33 and they just let me book no problem. Would definitely appreciate any pointers from anyone who’s done this before. Did you buy clothes before your trip and was it from Disney? Or get stuff when you get there? Anything you can think of! Thanks!!

Just booked! They’re saying that booking for everyone opens on the 1st but I’m not Golden Oak or Club 33 and they just let me book no problem. Would definitely appreciate any pointers from anyone who’s done this before. Did you buy clothes before your trip and was it from Disney? Or get stuff when you get there? Anything you can think of! Thanks!!
Congrats! You are gonna love it. We had an amazing time and pretty sure hubby thought it was the best birthday present ever.

We did costumes / bounds and so glad we did. Our pieces pretty much came from Amazon, Kohl's, and some thrift stores. Hunting down costume pieces was a lot of the fun for me. There's a great Facebook group for Starcruiser costumes and I got some great ideas from them. You can access the exclusive Starcruiser clothes on ShopDisney I think at 60 days from your check-in if you are interested in those.
Here's some pics of our ship outfits and our Batuu outfits (it was nasty hot, whew). I also did a dress for dinner but hubby just wore his jedi outfit. The dress for dinner was unnecessary IMO. And the long bell sleeves were annoying to eat with. I wore it for maybe 2 hours before I got annoyed and changed out of it. If we go again, I'll scrap the fancy dinner outfit.

20220723_121634.jpg IMG_6776.jpg

Congrats! You are gonna love it. We had an amazing time and pretty sure hubby thought it was the best birthday present ever.

We did costumes / bounds and so glad we did. Our pieces pretty much came from Amazon, Kohl's, and some thrift stores. Hunting down costume pieces was a lot of the fun for me. There's a great Facebook group for Starcruiser costumes and I got some great ideas from them. You can access the exclusive Starcruiser clothes on ShopDisney I think at 60 days from your check-in if you are interested in those.
Here's some pics of our ship outfits and our Batuu outfits (it was nasty hot, whew). I also did a dress for dinner but hubby just wore his jedi outfit. The dress for dinner was unnecessary IMO. And the long bell sleeves were annoying to eat with. I wore it for maybe 2 hours before I got annoyed and changed out of it. If we go again, I'll scrap the fancy dinner outfit.

View attachment 698366 View attachment 698367
You guys look amazing! Thanks for the advice. So glad you had a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter