Do you remember ?

Remember when discipline problems were
“talking, chewing gum, making noise, running in the halls, getting out of turn in line, wearing improper clothes, and not putting paper in wastebaskets.“?

Today the problems are drug and alcohol abuse, pregnancy. rape. robbery. assault. and guns in the school." :sad1:

Yes I remember those days! Although when I was in school you might have heard about someone smoking pot on the football field but that was it.

My how things have changed. :sad2:

Just wanted to say THANKS ALOT now i know i'm old i remember 90% or more (crying)oh yeah what about the little rascals loved them also

I just keep telling myself that this is the thread that we are supposed to ignore. I refuse to grow old! ;)

Some old Bowery Boys movies have been on the WHT channel all week. We used to watch them every Saturday or Sunday when we were kids.

I loved watching The Mickey Mouse Club. I recently found the Hardy Boys DVD set bought it for myself. I also liked Spin and Marty. Anette and Darlene were popular but I like Karen.

How about Sky King and My Friend Flicka on Saturday mornings?

For those who grew up in the Columbus Ohio area, Flippo the Clown was on after school. He drove a little Isetta... the entire front of the car was the door. More of a death trap that the Corvair.

How about those great x-ray glasses you had to send away for, or how about sea monkeys?

Cabbage patch dolls, Beannie Babies, Transformers, Commodore Computer.

Or lets go way back, according to Grandma.. garter belts, girdles, nylons with seams, petti-pants.

If you still had all these things we have all mentioned, you'd get a fortune for them from ebay....lol

Cabbage patch dolls, Beannie Babies, Transformers, Commodore Computer.

Or lets go way back, according to Grandma.. garter belts, girdles, nylons with seams, petti-pants.

Okay - so I am officially "Grandma"! Panty hose, although invented before I was old enough to wear them, didn't become affordable until I was a teen. Even then, you found a shade that worked for you and stuck with it. If you got a run in one leg you cut that leg off, stuck the good leg aside until you got a run in the next pair - cut that leg off - and wore two panties with one leg each, thus making a new pair.

I remember when L'eggs panty hose came in a plastic egg!!

A time before blow dryers & hot curlers. You actually slept on rollers every night to have a presentable "do" the next day.

Aqua Net Hair spray. The more, the better!

Dippity Do!

A time you wouldn't be caught dead in any form of sneaker. You even hated wearing them for gym class!

Betsy Wetsy dolls, Chatty Cathy dolls, walking dolls. Betsy McCall paper dolls. Roller skates that clamped onto your shoes & you had to have a key to tighten them up.

Ipana toothpaste. 20 Mule Team Borax. Lava - The Hand Soap. Ajax - Cleans like a white tornado!

Preferring to play outside over television on Saturday mornings. Never wanting to be inside for any reason during summer vacation.

Mom's not having to worry about strangers - thereby making it possible for their kids to stay outside all the time during summer vacation.

A garden hose and a lawn sprinkler was the closest thing to swimming.

Catching fire-flies at dusk.

Bryll Cream - "A little dab will do ya' "

The 2 man submarine you could order out of the back advertisement of - I think - Popular Science magazine.

OK, I admit, so I ordered one - very young & stupid, of course I knew it was not going to be a real submarine, but I thought it could be something to play with in the pool - NOT. It was made of cardboard - some assembly required, which included a degree in folding carboard along doted lines.

I remember during the summer, we always hadda vegetable garden,,mom would put a box of table salt oput on the back stoop, and when we kids got hungry we'd snatch a tomato off the vine and hit it with the salt,,,Mmmmmm
Then we'd wash it down with a drink from the water hose.

When was the last time you spent the afternoon searching for flat rocks for skipping across the water?

Or did you ever cut a tree limb and make a quick fish'n pole, ol Huck Finn style ?

I remember during the summer, we always hadda vegetable garden,,mom would put a box of table salt oput on the back stoop, and when we kids got hungry we'd snatch a tomato off the vine and hit it with the salt,,,Mmmmmm
Then we'd wash it down with a drink from the water hose.

AND YOUR STILL ALIVE? Imagine that..

I remember all of those too!
How about:

Body on Tap
Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific
Shag hairstyle
Hip Huggers and Bodysuits

"You can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, or you can call me....(forgot the rest)
"I'm a Pepper, he's a Pepper, wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too!"

Soap
Sanford and Son
The Partridge Family :hippie: (seeing David Cassidy at Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival next Friday :banana:) He was the poster boy on my wall when I was a teen in the 70's :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter