• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you sleep with the door closed or open?

Open. I'm the only one here so closing it makes no sense. No, I'm not worried about 'security'.

Closed for now to keep the dogs in. I used to have it open and gave Leota free run of the house at night, but she barked too much and lost that privilege. I prefer it closed, anyway.

Closed because I have cat! He loves to sing the song of his people in the middle of the night and won't shut up. He doesn't want anything except someone to get up with him.

Well, mine does that too, though only breifly. If I closed the door though, all I'd hear is the sound of a paw reaching underneath and rattling it all night!

Last edited:
By myself so open. Outside door is right there so if anyone would attempt to break in, I want to have as early notification as possible (though I doubt I'd hear anything.)

Open. Our dog sleeps in our bedroom and he likes to get up during the night from time to time and get some water, which is in the kitchen.

Closed, fire safety. My last dog used to sleep with us, taught me a valuable lesson, none of our kids ever slept with us, our current 12 year old fog isn’t allowed in our bedroom (door is open during the day but she knows it’s off limits).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter