• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you think Disney will do anything special if Chicago gets the 2016 games

johnGorski

Mouseketeer
I am just curious even though NBC is the broadcast company! I am thinking Epcot would do something! Maybe a few new countries.
just a thought

Did they do anything special when Atlanta held the 1996 games? That would be a good clue I would think.

They should let Disney come in and design a building or two.

The reason they should let Disney design and build is because Walt's Dad worked a construction job in Chicago back when Walt was a kid. The whole completing the circle thing.

I don't think that Chicago is any more special than any other city that has had the olympics. Why should they do anything special?

What does Chicago have to do with Orlando and/or WDW?? :confused3

When trying to avoid the press when looking for the location of WDW, I think his plane flew through Illinois also.

They should let Disney come in and design a building or two.

The reason they should let Disney design and build is because Walt's Dad worked a construction job in Chicago back when Walt was a kid. The whole completing the circle thing.

I don't think that Chicago is any more special than any other city that has had the olympics. Why should they do anything special?

Because Chicago is the BEST city in the world! ;) ha ha only joking, well sort of I do live here and have my whole life!:thumbsup2 I really hope we get the olympics it would be awesome.

What does Chicago have to do with Orlando and/or WDW?? :confused3
They don't have anything to do with the Super Bowl either, but Disney has produced a half-dozen Super Bowl Halftime Shows.

Disney tends to bid on doing the Olympic Opening Ceremonies when the Games are in the US. They haven't won a bid yet, but it's safe to say that someone at WDW / TDC is working on a possible opening show. Or at least thinkng about it.

:earsboy:

How much is it?
Sorry, I dont know the details, but I'm sure you can find it on line. It was all over the news here in Chicagoland last week. You would have thought they were trying to sell the Sears Tower (oh wait, they already did that)

i don't know. Is the Canada pavilion doing something special for the Vancouver Olympics?:confused3 I would doubt it.

No. I definitely don't see a connection that would result in adding new countries at Epcot.

Of course Disney had a lot to do with the Worlds Fair in NY in the 1960's. But that was then and this is now, and I doubt Disney will have anything to do with a Fair in Chicago.
In Chicago, or at Epcot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter