Do you think park hopping is done for 2020?

Leigh123

DIS Veteran
I know at this point it’s just everybody’s best guess And total speculation but, do you think park hopping will be eliminated for the remainder of the calendar year? Before the world shut down I had a reservation at the end of August and one in October and planned on going to both. Now we’re just going to keep one. For us August makes more sense to keep but I would switch it to keeping the October one if park hopping were allowed by then. Again I know it’s just speculation nothing is written in stone just curious to see what everybody’s thoughts are?

We have a November trip and are hanging on to our hoppers for now. If it isn't permitted when we go, then we will try to have that portion refunded at that time.

They have already said they will be refunding the park hopper portion of tickets. I'm not sure what date that extends til!

I think that, all of us, including Disney, are trying to figure out how to re-enter a safe, reasonable and enjoyable world. That is true at the parks, in our communities, and in our work/ school worlds. I think we can all try our level best to predict what good decisions might look like, but the reality is, we won't know until we implement those ideas. I am happy that the parks are opening at all. Better that they re-open with some cautious efforts than to throw all caution to the wind and have negative results. I think all of us can only make our decisions based on the facts we have at hand (no park hopping, for now) and what is best for our individual situations. I know that I am planning to attend at the end of August. I don't suppose park hopping will be available by then...but...if it is...ICING on my cake! :cake:

Until they reinstitute it would be my guess ;)

True, that's always a possibility, but I just don't see it happening this year for some reason. Taking that away is the only way to predictably keep crowds down and evened out amongst parks for a while!

My best guess (which is probably based on my hopes too) is that Disney will see how the initial few weeks/month goes and then possibly add in hopping. With this new park reservation system, my hope is we will all book our initial park but then (if we have AP or park hoppers) we can check the system later in the day and see that a park isn't at capacity and they'll allow us to choose that park and enter. They could "black out" all the parks that are at capacity so we are only able to choose a park that is under capacity.

True, that's always a possibility, but I just don't see it happening this year for some reason. Taking that away is the only way to predictably keep crowds down and evened out amongst parks for a while!

Well if they are not going to allow park hopping they BETTER not be charging me for it.

Well if they are not going to allow park hopping they BETTER not be charging me for it.

This was released by them....

Please note, park reservations are limited in number and subject to availability. Availability can change until the reservation is finalized. At this time, guests will be able to select one park per day; visiting more than one park per day will be temporarily unavailable upon the reopening of the theme parks due to attendance limitations. Guests with existing tickets that include the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option have options available to them for ticket modifications and cancellations, and can visit DisneyWorld.com/Updates for more information. We hope to bring back the ability to visit more than one park per day soon and will continue to offer these add-ons for 2021 ticket purchases.

Has there even been any word on when park hopping will return? I haven't seen that date yet.

From what I just posted above, the next dates they are even selling them for is in 2021, so I doubt before that. Of course, you never know, but seems a pretty solid guess.

Yes, I think park hopping is done for 2020. And that's the least of my Disney concerns. I'm much more eager to bring back water parks, full day park hours, and all of the resorts, pools, restaurants, characters & fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter